Not Alone» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Paris est Ludique Game session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this game 2 weeks ago at "Paris est ludique" convention.
At first look, I though it was a deckbuilding game, not at all in fact.

The game is a all against one based on a spacemen crew stranded on an alien planet. Waiting for the rescue, they need to escape the planet will to incorporate them.

One of the players plays the planet, controling a creature and planetary effects, trying to catch the crew while the other try to gain time and accelerate the rescue.

Each turn, the crewmembers each choose secretly a location among the 5 initially available in their hand (5 more high powered location can be obtained during the game) .
Each location has a special power (recover location cards, get new "high powered" location, choose one location among two at the next turn, move rescue marker, obtain special effect cards...). Once a location has been choosen, it can't be chosen next turn by the same player (players have a hand of location and discard them when played)

After that, the Planet player marks one location where the creature while be hunting the players, depending on the card played by the Planet player, Planet player may mark 1 or 2 other locations.

Crew players then reveal there location, if they are on the creature or another marker, they lose life and can't activate the location, the Planet player also moves on the "assimilation" track.

If they are not assimilated, the crew moves the rescue marker on its track and win if it reach 0 before assimilation.

All in All, it's a really nice game, with gorgeous pictures and a really enjoyable gameplay. We really did had fun escaping the traps and the creature the planet set against us, it is tense and thematic. We played in 45 minutes if I remember well

We played 3 against 1 (the game is playable up to 5 players)

I highly recommend this game :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard it was going to be available at Essen. I will give it a go there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify (I'm a friend of the publishers), it plays up to 7 (1 vs 6).

The creature player always plays one token for the creature itself and another token if the hunting card he plays that turn allows him to.

There are 10 locations in total, the ones numbered 6-10 have more powerful effects, but can't be accessed from the start of the game.

Only by selecting the 5th location, the Rover - and not being blocked of course - can a player take one of the 6-10 cards available, thereby gaining future access that location, and making it harder for the creature to catch him.

There's a small central board that follows the progress of each team (creature and hunted), the first one to reach the center of the board wins.
The hunted marker moves automatically one space towards the center each turn. It can potentially move up to three spaces in a row with the beach and the shipwreck cards being played and not blocked.
The creature marker moves by one when one of his tokens is on the same location as one of the hunted. If that was the last willpower point of a hunted (they start with three), it moves by two.

There's no player elimination, you start again with all your cards back in hand (even the advanced ones you bought) and three willpower points.
But you allowed the creature to advance dangerously on the board.

Also, the hunted begin with one survival card that can counter a creature power, and they can draw more if they acquire a particular advanced location.

When the hunted are near the end of the progress track, the planet itself awakens, and it is materialized by a second permanent token for the creature player (up to three each turn with one of his hunting cards).

The game scales well thanks to different starting positions on the progress track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes thanks for the precision (my bad for the number of players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.