2 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third/fourth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dracula discovered rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Arnott
msg tools
Hey,

ramping up for the first outing of FoD(3rd) and I have a question...

When Dracula is discovered/revealed, and takes his place on the board, in the city of his discovery, is he then forever revealed in the game?

Maybe I've missed the subtleties of the rules but, during combat, and if Dracula decides, satisfying the 'Pride' criteria, to "Escape as Bat" or "Escape as Mist", and can move to a city up to 2 roads away, does he 'Disappear' again??

In other words, does his miniature return to the Location marker it sat on before his discovery, laying a new location-card in the 1st slot, and hunters then have to set about guessing which city he has disappeared to? Or do they just begin to chase him around the board?

My feeling is that it's the former, which would make sense thematically and also from a game POV, otherwise it would just be Keystone cops chasing Bela Lugosi...

ta,

Slippery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slipperythings wrote:
Hey,

ramping up for the first outing of FoD(3rd) and I have a question...

When Dracula is discovered/revealed, and takes his place on the board, in the city of his discovery, is he then forever revealed in the game?

He remains revealed until he moves to a different location which the hunters do not occupy.

Quote:
Maybe I've missed the subtleties of the rules but, during combat, and if Dracula decides, satisfying the 'Pride' criteria, to "Escape as Bat" or "Escape as Mist", and can move to a city up to 2 roads away, does he 'Disappear' again??

Yes he disappears although note that Dracula only gets to move by playing "Escape as Bat" in night combat.

Quote:
In other words, does his miniature return to the Location marker it sat on before his discovery, laying a new location-card in the 1st slot, and hunters then have to set about guessing which city he has disappeared to? Or do they just begin to chase him around the board?

My feeling is that it's the former, which would make sense thematically and also from a game POV, otherwise it would just be Keystone cops chasing Bela Lugosi...

Yes, Dracula's figure returns to the spot on the trail and the hunters must deduce where he has gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.