Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fitzgerald Limisella
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hi all,

A couple of questions I have while browsing the Kickstarter page. I might add here if I find more things I'm not sure about.

1. Tablet app. Does anyone know what this is for? Is it like the Galaxy Defenders one, which is to save your characters' progressions/levels/spells for your campaign? A note for the Ares/Gremlin, please please make sure the app works on a smartphone as well (the GD one only works on tablets and it crashes on a smartphone everytime, unless that has been fixed now).

2. Backer's cards. What are they? So we get 3 cards: a custom weapon, item and artifact card. How are they going to be customised?

3. Bounty cards. Are these new? They don't seem to appear in the rulebook and I don't remember seeing them before. They sound pretty cool.

4. Quest editor. It says that we get card templates. Which cards can we customise? All of them including these bounty cards?

5. The overview map in the introduction section of the rulebook (p4). Is this going to come into play somehow? Or is it merely to show us where we are in the world for a particular quest?

6. Add-ons. Why is it that none of the individual add-ons is available on the Pledge Manager? Only the bundle add-ons are available. I ended up getting the Legendary pack, but I'm having second thoughts and thinking I might actually go for the Immortal pack (or some of the individual add-ons if they are available, which they're not). How do I go about cancelling and re-ordering? Do I just contact Ares?

That's it for now, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It's a character progression/ party status / campaign progress saving tool.

2. Backer's cards : they asked for input from backers during the campaign, people could submit there ideas, and they chose 1 per type of items. As far as I know they didn't tell us which they picked as of yet.

3. Yes, something more than what's in the base game. It's one more thing you'll bw able to do at the Emporium. Spend some crowns to find a bounty, and you get a reward if you succeed. Hopefully these will integrate in most quests... Time will tell.

4. Don't know for sure which card templates we'll have, but if they don't include Bounty cards at first, I'm sure they'll add them if people ask for it.

5. Within the game I doubt it, but I'm sure it will transpire in the flavor texts.

6. No idea, contact Ares customer support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding late pledges - they're not actually pledges at this point, they're pre-orders. You still get all the KS material at the KS prices, but you had to be in the actual KS to get the option to buy individual pieces. At this point, they have consolidated down to individual SKUs (to manage inventory and costs, I would imagine).

Most of what is coming is probably already at least agreed to with the manufacturer if not already starting production, or even completing production! Changing individual items would be.... difficult. Selling more of the SKUs they will be offering (bundled or otherwise) - you know they're ordering above and beyond the number required for KS, so you're just buying one of those extras right now.

EDIT: Silly gerunds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitzgerald Limisella
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Ah right, thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitzgerald Limisella
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I've thought of something else. I think if we had random tiles (instead of predefined maps) that would make this game the perfect game!

I know that it's not going to be in the game, at least for now. But I want opinions from those who play tested the game, like Skaak. If you are keen on the idea, can you tell me if it's relatively easy to implement this into the current system? Or would it muck up the story events as well as the shadow and spawn gate placements? Basically, is it doable?

I mostly just play solo but at times play with a group so I like the idea of replaying the same quests but with a completely different map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer : not a playtester, just played the game twice on tabletopia

I guess technically you could randomly generate the map, probably better is you did it all before beginning the game, so you could lay out the waypoints, events and shadows tokens roughly as they are on the actual map. Spawn gates aren't much of a concern to me, as long as you follow the number of active spawn gates that you should have depending on where you are on the map.

If you truly go random, without bothering to look at game elements placed by the designers, it could still work, but I have a feeling you'd need a couple games to find a balance in difficulty, and to really understand each enemy to try to balance your experience.

I'd rather play the game as intended, but I can see your point if after playing through the campaign you want to add some randomness and greater variations in your next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitzgerald Limisella
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Fair enough. Sounds doable. We shall see I guess. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.