Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
The Tories are about to elect a female leader and hence female PM in the UK, Hillary looks set to win in the US and Angela is still head honcho in Germany. So will this make any difference to anything? Three of the most powerful, prosperous nations on Earth will be led by women. Is that something to be celebrated? just a footnote in history? an unusual aberration? a sign of liberal values triumphing? Will it make any difference to their foreign policy? Will they have a better relationship just because they are women? Will it make a blind bit of difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bloody SLW's, come the revolution they will all be put up agasint dumpsters and shot.

As to your serious point.

No it will make no difference (and in two cases have already had female leaders anyway).

As to it being a sign of something, maybe. But only in America, and only then that (quite frankly) the right have so lost the plot they cannot field an acceptable candidate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
All hail our female overlords!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
If the US elects Hillary Clinton it means that the political class can do whatever the hell it wants because they are above the law.

That's what it means.
Or it means that we have confirmed it, just as we do every two years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
If the US elects Hillary Clinton it means that the political class can do whatever the hell it wants because they are above the law.

That's what it means.

If only there was a viable alternative...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

That's what it means.

If only there was a viable alternative...

There is, something no one wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Piquet
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon_1066 wrote:
So will this make any difference to anything? Three of the most powerful, prosperous nations on Earth will be led by women. Is that something to be celebrated?

Policies and results are more important than the sex of the politicians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
Bloody SLW's.

Social Licorice Warriors????*

As to the OP's point ... yawn. So what? Women make up more than half of the world's population, certainly more than half of the US population. Why shouldn't a woman be president?

*-I know, I know, dyslexia. But sometimes it produce cutely funny results
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Bloody SLW's.

As to the OP's point ... yawn. So what? Women make up more than half of the world's population, certainly more than half of the US population. Why shouldn't a woman be president?

Because they are erratic and can't think straight because of their hormones. Male testosterone has no bad side effects. Women elected president should undergo testosterone therapy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

That's what it means.

So wait... you don't think certain people were already above us "second-class" citizens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Jon_1066 wrote:
The Tories are about to elect a female leader and hence female PM in the UK, Hillary looks set to win in the US and Angela is still head honcho in Germany. So will this make any difference to anything? Three of the most powerful, prosperous nations on Earth will be led by women. Is that something to be celebrated? just a footnote in history? an unusual aberration? a sign of liberal values triumphing? Will it make any difference to their foreign policy? Will they have a better relationship just because they are women? Will it make a blind bit of difference?

the beginning of the radical feminist matriarchy: now men will be even more enslaved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
Jon_1066 wrote:

the beginning of the radical feminist matriarchy: now men will be even more enslaved
Sarkeesian!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
single sentences wrote:
Jon_1066 wrote:

Sarkeesian!!!!!!!!!

laughlaughlaugh

Given the rise of the radical feminist matriarchy, I volunteer my services as a sex slave to our new Wymyn Overladies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Bloody SLW's.

Bloody licorice is the worst. With my last victim, I ruined an entire bag of black jelly beans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Drew1365 wrote:

That's what it means.

Yah, cuz we've never had President's before who felt that they should be exempt from investigation by Congressional Investigators, or who felt free to redefine entire sections of the Geneva Convention on torture, or who were fine with carrying out a black war against a foreign nation despite an explicit prohibition from Congress.

Yep, if Hilary becomes President, just toss it in folks.

The email scandal.

Worse than Iran-Contra, Watergate, and the Iraq War; combined.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Jon_1066 wrote:
The Tories are about to elect a female leader and hence female PM in the UK, Hillary looks set to win in the US and Angela is still head honcho in Germany. So will this make any difference to anything? Three of the most powerful, prosperous nations on Earth will be led by women. Is that something to be celebrated?

You'd say that people would have learned something from fifteen years of Margaret Thatcher

I don't really think that a politician's gender is a defining trait in the way he or she practices politics.

And FWIW, I really doubt that Clinton will be leading the US this november. Wouldn't Obama stay in office until a new president is inaugurated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Has Trump started the conversion therapy already? I had no idea!

Sadly it failed. He's still a bigoted moron with delusions of grandeur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.