Star Trek: Fleet Captains» Forums » General

Subject: Borg expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Custom [+] Cartas [+] [View All]
Ian Avery
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the new Star Trek Frontiers game already comes with Borg cubes on clix bases, surely the way is well and truly paved for a Borg expansion to STFC?

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3000151/star-trek-frontiers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

go to Face Book and find Star Trek Fleet Captains - a site devoted to Fleet Captain fans

my friend and i have created home made (but very professional IMHO) the following expansions:

Borg (both as an NPC and as a player)
Vulcan
Ferengi
Gorn
Orion
Star trek original series Mirror Universe
Doomsday Machine NPC
Delta Quadrant area (from Voyager)

there are 100 cards for each faction

there are new hexes available

if you want the ships you would have to buy the miniatures separately

if you want the new tokens for each faction you can download the new designs but would have to print them yourself

Check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As to whether WK will further expand the game officially, it's anyone's guess. Their approach to this product line has been inscrutable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They already have a set of Borg vessels for ST:AW, admittedly not with Clix bases, but it wouldn't be difficult to adapt the stands. So if they were going to release a Borg expansion I would have thought that they would use those, so don't hold your breath, but we can live in hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thomasrobb wrote:
go to Face Book...

I stopped at this point. No FB for me.

Care to share it here on BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thomasrobb wrote:

go to Face Book and find Star Trek Fleet Captains - a site devoted to Fleet Captain fans

my friend and i have created home made (but very professional IMHO) the following expansions:

Borg (both as an NPC and as a player)
Vulcan
Ferengi
Gorn
Orion
Star trek original series Mirror Universe
Doomsday Machine NPC
Delta Quadrant area (from Voyager)

there are 100 cards for each faction

there are new hexes available

if you want the ships you would have to buy the miniatures separately

if you want the new tokens for each faction you can download the new designs but would have to print them yourself

Check it out!

I found the landing page... no post or link to the Borg expansion

https://www.facebook.com/Star-Trek-Fleet-Captains-2619840771...

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megenhardt
United States
Olney
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am new to the game; purchase everything in game this last month. After playing a few times, it seems to me like the Borg as a faction really does not fit the theme of the game. They are not interested in diplomacy or exploration, only assimilation. With that in mind I was thinking a better way to represent them would be a Borg space tile with the following guidelines.

If this tile is flipped for any reason, place a Borg cube on it; I would love to use my Attack Wing oversized cube, but due to board size I think the Tactics Tactical Cube would fit better. This ship has a 20 for all of its stats. To damage this ship, your ship(s) must roll a 6d for each of your stats. If your combined roll for 3 of the 4 stats is 20 or greater, this ship takes one damage, place a marker next to it to represent the damage. Award one victory point each time this ship is damaged; maximum of 3 at which point this ship is removed from the game. Combat cards may be used for these test.

When this tile is first flipped, the ship will attack the highest point ship in the space; if a tie then your opponent chooses the ship. At the end of this players turn, this ship will pursue the attacked ship until it is destroyed. Since the Borg is a ship, it cannot ignore space tiles, but does not draw encounter cards. Once the target ship is destroyed, this ship will pursue the next closes ship, base on size values for tiles between Borg and new target; if a tie then chose the highest point ship; if still a tie, roll to determine the new target ship. This ship ignores cloaking and will not target a echo. If for any reason the Borg makes it to a players command post, they are assimilated from the game. If the Borg move through a space with any form of outpost, it is instantly destroyed.

No ship may enter Borg space for the rest of the game. If for any reason, a ship does enter Borg space, they are instantly destroyed for their folly.

Now some of my thoughts. I chose a 20 for all stats because only a fleet can beat the Borg. I made the Borg mobile giving a player a chance to lead the Borg into enemy territory or a location more advantous to their own fleet. Thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Frances
msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/groups/stfcx/
this is the proper link to the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.