Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I played the new mission posted on the Megacon website and enjoyed it. We used House 4. We ended up losing, as we wasted too much time finding the safe (and I mistakenly wasted a few turns trying to interrogate the Administrator when the mission required only that she be captured). As we were nearing the room with the safe 4 SecFor IVs burst out of the stairs and took down a MERC. Game over.

During the game, we tried to use one of the Uniques in place of SecFors, and drew Salsa. We could not fully understand the card, which talks about him capturing MERCs. Are there rules about Salsa and Pesos somewhere, or rules about OpFor capturing MERCs?

We ended up deciding not to use him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played them a couple times, but they never got to capture a Merc yet.

The way I interpret their capture ability is that,if in their activation, there is a single Merc within 2 areas (their move value ) of them and in an area with a capacity of 3, Pesos would move into that area with the Merc first and not attack, and then Salsa would move into that area and not attack. After Salsa moves into that area, that Merc would become captured and removed from the game.

So you would know right away on their turn if a capture is even possible. If so, they would do it and not attack. If they can't capture then they behave normally.

That's how I would handle it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Westchester
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zouave wrote:
A friend and I played the new mission posted on the Megacon website and enjoyed it. We used House 4. We ended up losing, as we wasted too much time finding the safe (and I mistakenly wasted a few turns trying to interrogate the Administrator when the mission required only that she be captured). As we were nearing the room with the safe 4 SecFor IVs burst out of the stairs and took down a MERC. Game over.

During the game, we tried to use one of the Uniques in place of SecFors, and drew Salsa. We could not fully understand the card, which talks about him capturing MERCs. Are there rules about Salsa and Pesos somewhere, or rules about OpFor capturing MERCs?

We ended up deciding not to use him.

I probably would house rule it and say if they capture a merc, that merc is placed on one of the two cards. They then try to escape. If they escape the merc is dead otherwise if the one carrying a merc is killed, the merc is placed and back in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.