Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've read through the rules now and answered all questions, but one is still after reading here not quite logic.

In the rules it is said that "After you finish your turn, the player with the lowest number visible on their Turn Order tile goes next. Consequently, the player to the right of the start player takes two consecutive turns."

Correct: Maybe, in a 4 player game, shouldn't it be better said that the game sequence is clockwise and so the player right to the start player has 2 turns when it's his turn after 3 other players have done their turn?

Incorrect: I first understood that the start player has 1 turn, then every one else has 2 turns and the finally the start player has his last turn. But I think that's wrong.

Thanks
-Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like Catan setup order.

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 4
Player 3
Player 2
Player 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the rule is worded that way due to the way that the pass action works in the game.

For a standard 4 player game where no one passes the turn order would be:

1 2 3 4 4 3 2 1

However, let's say that player 4 passed on his second turn and so did player 2. Then the turn order would be:

1 2 3 4 3 1 2 4 (edit for typo!)
1 2 3 4 3 1 4 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"However, let's say that player 4 passed on his second turn and so did player 2. Then the turn order would be:

1 2 3 4 3 1 2 4"

Shouldn't it be: 1 2 3 4 3 1 4 2 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Brito
Brazil
NiterĂ³i
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Engine
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what the doubt is. The statement

After you finish your turn, the player with the lowest number visible on their Turn Order tile goes next

is clear enough to me. If you want to know whose player's turn is, just look at who has the smallest number that is not covered by a die in his/her turn order tile.

In practical terms, the 1st player (who has the 1 uncovered order tile) plays a turn and covers the 1 with a die. Then the player with the 2 tile uncovered plays a turn and covers the number 2 with a die and so on. The last player that plays his/her 1st turn (the one that has a 4 in a 4-player game or a 3 in a 3-player game, etc) then plays his/her 2nd turn at once (his/her tile will be 4-5 in a 4-player game and then 5 will become the smallest uncovered number). Then all other players will take their 2nd turns in the round, playing in reverse order with the 1st player playing a last turn after all other players have already played their 2nd turns.

This all assuming no one passes, of course.

Edit: while I was writing this answer many other shorter answers were written. Reminder: next time write a shorter answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I meant was the example for 4-player game and player 4 and 2 passing on their 2nd turn.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - (4 passes) - 3 - (2 passes) - 1 - 4 ("the player with the lowest number visible on their Turn Order tile goes next" AND, from the passing rule "...the player with the lowest number still showing on their Turn Order tile takes the remaining dice from all the Action spaces, removes one...) - 2

So isn't Brians second example wrong, is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kopernikus wrote:
What I meant was the example for 4-player game and player 4 and 2 passing on their 2nd turn.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - (4 passes) - 3 - (2 passes) - 1 - 4 ("the player with the lowest number visible on their Turn Order tile goes next" AND, from the passing rule "...the player with the lowest number sti ll showing on their Turn Order ti le takes the remaining
dice from all the Acti on spaces, removes one...) - 2

So isn't Brians second example wrong, isn't it?

Ok, I got it. Sorry. Sometimes the brain doesn't work as it should.

Yes you are correct! I typed too fast. I apologize for confusing things. It would go:

1 2 3 4 3 1

Then you would look to see who has the lowest numbered space. It would be Player 4, because they have 5 showing and Player 2 has a 7 showing. So Player 4 would get a chance to go first (essentially because they passed first).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really is as simple as looking around the table to see which of the players that haven't passed has the lowest number not covered by a die. That player takes a turn and when they select a die, they place it on that number so it is now covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kopernikus wrote:
Hello,

I've read through the rules now and answered all questions, but one is still after reading here not quite logic.

In the rules it is said that "After you finish your turn, the player with the lowest number visible on their Turn Order tile goes next. Consequently, the player to the right of the start player takes two consecutive turns."

The problem arises because this statement doesn't take into account players passing. In my opinion the statement above should read "After you finish your turn, the player with the next larger sequential number visible on their Turn Order tile goes."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kopernikus wrote:
"However, let's say that player 4 passed on his second turn and so did player 2. Then the turn order would be:

1 2 3 4 3 1 2 4"

Shouldn't it be: 1 2 3 4 3 1 4 2 ?

I believe this is not correct, as there is only 1 of each number 1-8 on the turn order tiles. The correct sequence is 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. If someone passes, they get to move the number for the turn they passed to the end of the line. So if player 4/5 passes on their second turn (5) and player 2/7 passes on their second turn (7) the new order would be 1 2 3 4 6 8 5 7.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.