Subject: Need advice - iOS app, hard mode, 1st chapter last scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Folks,

I´m lacking any chance to come close to a victory at this scenario.

The last scenarios, I´ve always concentrated on a similar approach like Star Realms (key words: machine cult and gold). Up to now, this strategy (more or less adjusted) including the one but last scenario was successful. However, an approach like does not seem to be a good idea at the last scenario.

Did anybody already manage to get past it? How did you accomplish? Could you please share your thoughts?!

Did you play differently than before, and how?
Which cards did you concentrate on specifically?
Did you pay more attention to deny a potentially powerful card (concidering auto-fulfillment of prerequisites) to the AI than the scenarios before?
Did you think you have been particularly lucky in drawing same-coloured faction cards at a particular round when it was necessary?
Did you think you have been particularly lucky on drawing "tank" cards (i.e., locations and healing cards) at a particular round when it was necessary ?
Did you abjure specific cards from the draw area more often than before?
Did you adept to the general AI strategy in abjuring available cards just to leave only 7 and 8 conjure power cost cards?

Maybe someone can point me to an idea how to be successful here. Then I can repeat playing until I get the proper draws...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jo! meeple

I keep on continuing the second chapter on hard mode, which offers quite a nice challenge - but to a sound extent. However, I´m still lacking a successful attempt at this damn last one on chapter 1. How to specialize in order to inhibit the AI from gaining too many cards which auto-enables them the crazy prerequisites? One must note, as for this special ability, most commonly low-strength cards, especially at the early game stage, excel to high-end killers. And you simply won´t be able to take out enough of those.

Somehow I can´t remember of any scenario similarly difficult at Star Realms... Still think it´s too early to call for a tweak, so please fellow gamers, let me have your advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudd

California
msg tools
I think it might be unbeatable except for pure rng, at least for now.

The ability to ignore all prerequisites means it can get easy access to draw chains by turn 5, even if you try to buy/abjure anything it might be able to use. There are just too many cards available that have draws on them.

There's a scenario in chapter two you can use to test this theory, it's 2.6: I Fought The Lawn. See how long it takes you to get a draw chain up, and imagine your opponent can't ignore prerequisites.

I'd welcome any advice from people who have beaten it, but since it appears to be a pure RNG slide I'm wouldn't bother hammering at it unless you're super completionist and if you do then try to watch for the cards that put it into win slides and just reroll whenever it gets too many of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.