Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan Laukat confirmed on this week's Red Raven Podcast that he's working on an expansion for City of Iron: Second Edition. Originally he wanted to release it this year, but it's looking more like 2017 as they've got so much going on. The expansion will consist only of a deck of cards, so no big box. Thanks to some guy named Jason who sent the question in...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But isn't there already a expansion to the old City of Iron? I know some elements where included in second edition, but will this be included in said expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
City of Iron: Experts and Engines is not compatible with City of Iron: Second Edition. 2nd Edition does contain some content from that expansion, but I don't know exactly what as I've never played 1st Ed. He didn't go into detail as to what to expect, but I'm hoping for some new stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0×××{}=====>
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Ryan Laukat confirmed on this week's Red Raven Podcast that he's working on an expansion for City of Iron: Second Edition. Originally he wanted to release it this year, but it's looking more like 2017 as they've got so much going on. The expansion will consist only of a deck of cards, so no big box. Thanks to some guy named Jason who sent the question in...whistle

*Highfive* Jason cool Now we can all go broke on Kickstarters together. Hahaha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why doesn't he just make a second edition of Experts and Engines? Is it because he already incorporated some of its ideas into the second edition base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Why doesn't he just make a second edition of Experts and Engines? Is it because he already incorporated some of its ideas into the second edition base?

I assume that's part of it, but I also think he's developed some new things in the years since that game has come out. He routinely states that City of Iron is his favorite design, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he's still adding new content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley Sheak
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
I want to play boardgame with my friends everyday, but realised it's just an unrealistic dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I've been wanting to buy them both at once!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.