Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious at what is different between 1.0 and 2.0? Rule changes? Balance Changes? Different items?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
With a google search, I was able to turn up:

http://forum.krosmaster.com/en/1156-rules-questions/82415-kr...

and

http://forum.krosmaster.com/en/1152-general-discussion/82547...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new version includes new demonic rewards that are more balanced than the original rewards. The old 1.0 rewards can be very "luck of the draw" and if you are lucky enough to get certain ones they can win the game for you instead strategy. Also there the core rules have had a few additional tweaks that are important to the balancing the game for current figures and leaving room for design in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine the '1 boss per team' rule is prob in the book now too.

Plus, this has new playable chars, so if you are 'collect em all'ing, then 1st edition can be considered an expansion to this, or vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Roshi
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on a release date? What about season 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuff has it on preorder for October 14, 2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Roshi
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the listing as well.

I am slightly worried about CMON and their radio silence (for now) on Krosmaster in general. Without more support from them with the tournament scene I am not sure how successful 2.0 will be in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did hold events at gen con. Not sure on tournaments, but I know they had 2.0 events to sign up for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else think that after Season 4 we will see CMON taking Krosmaster back to Kickstarter? Season 4 is done from all I am hearing so no Kickstarter on it BUT with CMON being the king of Kickstarter (or so it would seem), here in the US, I think we will see Krosmaster return to Kickstarter.

Krosmaster is a game of love/hate here in the US and while people seem to enjoy it, with the same breath they also hate it. Why is that? I think the mishandling of Krosmaster (not pointing blame as I do not know who did what) really pushed away a lot of people. We shall see IF CMON can bring in a new group, pull back in some of the ones it had before, and how they deal with any problems as this was a huge deal with Krosmaster. IF anyone can do it I see CMON being the right company for the job. Likewise IF CMON can not get this ball rolling than I see a dark and dim future for Krosmaster as it has already taken a huge hit here in the US.

I say here in the US because I fully understand that Krosmaster is bigger across the pond than it is here in the US. Here in the US it just seems to have yet to get its footing and while, at a time, looked to be doing well something happens and all momentum is lost (poorly ran Kickstarter campaigns have been a HUGE reason for this as one company blames another with the backers being left out in the cold.).

With that being said bring on Season 4...or more so one certain character with four very distinct hard shell helpers at his disposal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dice Tower News made the comment that 1st Edition Figures would be compatible. Is this confirmed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to play the original Arena with 2.0 rules?

And can you mark up the demonic rewards to balance them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:

Wondering this also..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:

Someone from CMON at Gen Con said that you could use the First Edition figures with 2nd and the Dice Tower said so also in their announcement of the Second edition, but I'd like to hear it from someone who has played it and made it work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bourgman wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

Someone from CMON at Gen Con said that you could use the First Edition figures with 2nd and the Dice Tower said so also in their announcement of the Second edition, but I'd like to hear it from someone who has played it and made it work.

I've seen that they officially say the 1.0 figures are compatible.

I'm more curious as to whether the components in the 1.0 box allow you to play 2.0 rules. Seems like that may be the case.

Clearly the Demonic Rewards tokens are different. So the second question is if the original Rewards can be marked up to reflect the balancing changes, or if they're just too different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can absolutely play 2.0 rules with the 1.0 box. Some of the rewards types referred to in the rules simply won't exist, but other than that I don't know what problems you'd have.

As far as the rewards "balance," I think that it's more about killing a few really desirable rewards. I've seen the new rewards described variously as "weaker," "boring," and making the game "more predictable" and "more fair." I think that unless you're a pretty serious tournament-type player, you won't see much of a difference. (I don't. I don't play a lot, and I don't play in the fairly narrow tournament scene, but for hacking around with my friends and family, trying out new characters, either set works fine. That said, there are metagame implications that I don't pretend to understand...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
So the second question is if the original Rewards can be marked up to reflect the balancing changes, or if they're just too different.

This is a pretty solid "no." There's a whole new rewards type in 2.0. Like I suggested above, "imbalanced" is a pretty strong word. I don't recall anybody violently protesting, or even modifying the content of, the old DR sets. I think it's an attempt to reduce their effects in order to promote a more stable tournament-type environment. Somebody who plays more competitively may tell me I'm completely wrong, but I think for your average gaming group who doesn't play this in a very hardcore way, either set of DRs is probably fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great responses puzzlemonkey. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Johnson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going beyond just rules differences, I like 2.0 more for the most part. Less over the top store, rulebook is better, and the included characters are more interesting.

The only thing I like more about 1.0 is that the map is WAAAAAAY better. I hate these carts. They don't stay together without glue and I don't know how to store them when they're permanently glued together, and it's just a weird map to have be peoples first map. They didn't even fight in a market in the movie all this content comes from. The old map could be taken down and put up easily, this new one is such a pain that I rarely use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Englund
Finland
Mäntsälä
flag msg tools
mbmb
bourgman wrote:
The Dice Tower News made the comment that 1st Edition Figures would be compatible. Is this confirmed?

Yes, they are compatible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the insights, everyone!

So, a bunch of individual Season 1 figures just went up on eBay, most of them at $1.00 each. Not sure if it makes sense to start 2.0 with a bunch of the older figures, but are the original expansions okay to break apart like that, or are the synergies such that you'd always want the whole expansion (Shak Attack, etc.)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just as I was browsing the forums at the official website, I came across this tidbit. No more CMON distribution in the U.S. Bummer.

http://www.krosmaster.com/en/forum/1152-general-discussion/8...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puzzlemonkey wrote:
As far as the rewards "balance," I think that it's more about killing a few really desirable rewards.

Which rewards in 1.0 are widely considered to be the most powerful and would improve balance if culled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
puzzlemonkey wrote:
As far as the rewards "balance," I think that it's more about killing a few really desirable rewards.

Which rewards in 1.0 are widely considered to be the most powerful and would improve balance if culled?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I think it's a response to very competitive and tournament players, of which I am not one.

The Ankama forums might be a better place to look for such discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.