Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Crossover Pack 3 – Legion of Super-Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: J'onn J'onzz rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on this card states "Play the top card of the Super-Villain stack, then return it to the top of the stack."

If this card is played during a game that's using the Crossover 3 Super-Villain stack, do the Super-Villain cards count as if you "owned" them or not?

The reason I ask is because if they don't then playing J'onn J'onzz to activate them would seem to be the same as discarding any card to activate the Time Travel ability of the Super-Villain, so wouldn't really be worth buying for his 6 cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... you still get to attack the other player with the top Super-Villain attack and buy the S-V. Compare that to not being able to buy the S-V if you discard a card with Time Travel and I think that is a pretty decent advantage.

I would not have assumed playing with J'onn J'onnz would count as owning but I will wait for official clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
mbmbmbmbmb
BenJazz wrote:
Well... you still get to attack the other player with the top Super-Villain attack and buy the S-V. Compare that to not being able to buy the S-V if you discard a card with Time Travel and I think that is a pretty decent advantage.

Ah yes I had totally forgotten about how you couldn't buy a card in the same turn that you'd used Time Travel. I guess at least that does differentiate using J'onn J'onzz to activate their Attack rather than discarding a punch to do it

The actual scenario didn't happen in the game I just finished because J'onn J'onzz was destroyed from the lineup before anybody had a chance to buy him. However his appearance in the lineup triggered a short discussion about how his ability would work in this context.

I would agree that using him to play the top card of the S-V stack from this deck would not count as owning the card for it's extra + power (if it has it). Still I'm not sure in this instance that he's worth the 6-point cost, but that's a discussion for elsewhere I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
"Own" means it came from your deck.
Playing a card from elsewhere means you don't own it.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.