Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A culture of corruption, it seems:

http://dailyheadlines.net/2016/07/another-day-another-democr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

Honestly, this is less a Dem issue - but more of a Political class issue. Remember in the 2006 era when it seemed like a GOP congressman a month was happening. With great power comes......great temptation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Honestly, this is less a Dem issue - but more of a Political class issue. Remember in the 2006 era when it seemed like a GOP congressman a month was happening. With great power comes......great temptation.

Agreed. The number of cases pending against state officials is fairly insane right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_loc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

That's saddening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Awesome list!

Thanks for confirming my notion that the Democrat party in elected positions in state and local areas is full of criminals (at least more than Republicans). I didn't actually count the numbers because the list is rather large and I don't have time, but upon a cursory glance, I saw a lot of "D's" in that list!

Thanks also for confirming that states like Illinois and New York deserve their reputation as leaders in political corruption.

What I also find interesting is that list does not include all of the Democrats in the Cuyahoga County corruption cases from earlier this decade that saw, I think, close to 50 elected officials and politicians (nearly all, if not all, were Democrats) found guilty of various bribery and other white collar crimes, the worst of which were done by Jimmy Dimora (who received a 28 year sentence in federal prison for his role as primary ringleader).

Many politicians are crooks. Most of those crooks happen to be Democrats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
They forgot Todd Corser & Cindy Gamrat here in Michigan. Fake gay diversion story, infidelity, improper use of Government money, felonies and the Tea Party all rolled into one story. It even made the late shows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ugolini
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
chrisnd wrote:
I didn't actually count the numbers because the list is rather large and I don't have time...

I have no such qualms.

(D) -- 258 (66%)
(R) -- 134 (34%)

No, I didn't count it by hand, that's what "Find/Highlight All" is for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/04...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wikipedia is only as good as the person who wrote it. The dynamic duo I just posted were Republicans and not on the list. I think the main take away it that they are all potentially crooks and should be watched closely. It's sad to think that ethical service to one's country might the exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Don't try to use nuance and reason with Ferretman. That will get you nowhere. A month from now he'll only remember one thing; only Democrats are corrupt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ugolini
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Though that's state and local politicians. On the federal politicians page, it's 54-53. Maybe Republicans aim higher?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Oh I tend to agree -- that's why I said "culture". Didn't mean to imply it was just Democrats.

The headline is from the site -- they have a bit of a bias.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Utrecht wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Don't try to use nuance and reason with Ferretman. That will get you nowhere. A month from now he'll only remember one thing; only Democrats are corrupt.

Heh...pwned.

Your apology is accepted, should you ever have the courage to offer it.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
They forgot Todd Corser & Cindy Gamrat here in Michigan. Fake gay diversion story, infidelity, improper use of Government money, felonies and the Tea Party all rolled into one story. It even made the late shows.

Yeah, and for your two Tea-Party corrupt politicians, I listed 50 Democrats.

Some politicians are corrupt. It appears based on a cursory review that the majority of the corrupt ones are Democrats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Utrecht wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

I don't think you are being fair to Ferret - yes he leans right, but he also listens to the other side. Are they others from the Right side that don't absolutely - but Ferret is not one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Yeah, and for your two Tea-Party corrupt politicians, I listed 50 Democrats.

Some politicians are corrupt. It appears based on a cursory review that the majority of the corrupt ones are Democrats.

"Wikipedia is 1000% accurate"

-Abraham Lincoln
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Utrecht wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Heh...pwned.

Your apology is accepted, should you ever have the courage to offer it.

Ferret

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

If guilty, I hope she gets jail time.

An awful lot of politicians, including plenty of Dems, succumb to the Other Peoople's Money attitude. Charities seem to be becoming the tool of choice.

I'd love to see state Attorneys General exercise more of their oversight powers over charities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
For whatever reason the number of scandals and indictments flips when you get to Presidential administrations. In the last 50 years Republican administrations have had far more than their Democratic counterparts. Despite the impression you might get from the media, Obama is on pace to have the least corrupt administration of that time period if you go by number of indictments—zero.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_sc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Orlando Sentinel had a bit more complete article (better written anyway):

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/os-corrine-brow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.