donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/doomtown-reloaded-expansions-bu...

Faith and Fear expansion
The Light Shineth expansion
Immovable Object, Unstoppable Force expansion
Ghost Town expansion

Deal analysis:

From bgp
$16 for three of the included
$12 for the other
$60 total plus applicable shipping

Appears at glance to be a good deal. Full disclosure, DT was just cancelled, but there's lot of content out there and this syncs with the md base deal run several times in the last year.

Link ninjaed, thanks for the reminder leo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [MD] Doomtown reloaded 4x expansion bundle - 48.99 shipped
If you're not a member of MD the link won't work unless you add ?mode=guest_open at the end.

This should work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Blackwell
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping now that Doomtown is... complete(?) we'll see some All-in deals. Looks interesting. I wouldnt mind just buying the complete game and never worrying about it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
And just to fill in some more detail:
These are the 4 "Pine Box" (aka 'big box') expansions for the game. There are also at least 10 "Saddlebag" small-box expansions that are available if you are looking to obtain a true complete set run of DTR product.

Go here for a listing of all current DTR products:
https://www.alderac.com/doomtown/products/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't pay anything over 50% off MSRP unless you're playing this a ton and can't wait.

With the game being discontinued I'm patient enough to hold out for all the inevitable clearance sales just like there was with GoT 1st ed, Warhammer Invasion, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Kidder
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who has been pricing these out just because I'm afraid some of them will go soon out of print (even though I have no evidence for this...Nightfall Eastern Skies is still a bitter memory), 48.99 shipped is just south of 50% of MSRP and is $15 cheaper than you can currently get them on CSI (before shipping).

I'm sorely tempted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a person were to just play with a core set and these four bigger expansions, are there going to be any broken/huge missing mechanics if they didn't get the smaller saddlebag expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Vampyur wrote:
If a person were to just play with a core set and these four bigger expansions, are there going to be any broken/huge missing mechanics if they didn't get the smaller saddlebag expansions?

Can't think of one, and this way you're in all factions, so you have the bulk of options available. I'm not a religious player of dt but my wife has requested to play it, unlike many other games which she could take or leave (except blood bowl team manager, which she patently despises). Once you can teach the movement mechanics, this game is attractive to many, especially with the poker tie in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, and some of the early expansions are under ten bucks on Amazon. with free shipping. IMO, You'll probably be the gamer who brings the game to the table, so what matters are how you build the decks for the other players, as well as if they decide to play the game strategically, or go "HA HA BULETZ R FUN".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kadisak
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for linking this one. I just ordered two base games from MM Christmas in July Sale for $16 each. I think they still have them in stock too for anyone else looking to buy into the game. That deal and this one together make for a pretty decent package. Now to find all the saddlebags on the cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the Doomtown expansions include a full play set or do players have a reason to buy multiples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Kidder
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Do the Doomtown expansions include a full play set or do players have a reason to buy multiples?

The legal limit for a deck is 4 of the same card. So if you want to just own the max number of legal cards for your own decks there is no reason to buy multiple saddlebags or pine boxes as they come with 4 copies of every card (other than the outfit cards). The base set, however, only includes 2 copies of every card so two bases sets would be required to max out your cards.

All that being said, if you wanted to build different decks that included some of the same cards, it might make sense to buy more than one copy of a saddlebag that included those cards, but I that's for advanced deck builders only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GunsTooMuch wrote:
but I that's for advanced deck builders only.

And those building multiple decks for use by casual players if you're the only one bringing the game to the table? Or is there a big enough card pool to do that with without double purchases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the pool's large enough that you don't need to buy more than one copy of a saddlebag. I certainly haven't done so, and have six or eight deck libraries. I posted a "Library" thread in the Doomtown forum suggesting how to build libraries of cards to help you sort 'em out. Buy two base sets because they're so cheap nowadays. If anyone wants to use my MD referral code, send me a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, each pack, except for the base box, is a full playset. So, it's a situation much like Netrunner. If you buy one of each, you have a full playset.
However, if you are building decks for multiple players, you might run into a situation with "must include" cards. I have no idea if this is a thing with Doomtown. But, if I were trying to build a pair of corporate decks with Netrunner without swapping cards, I'd need two Opening Moves data packs for the extra Jackson Howards. Those are a staple of most corporate decks.

I suspect that it's a little less prevalent in Doomtown because of the rank and suit aspect of deck building. That kinda suppresses the "must include" aspect of some of the otherwise good cards. If you have deck that's already good but weak in 10-9-8s, you don't want to just include a bunch of 9s just because they're good cards. You'll burn a lot of them in hands that they add no value to.

I'm fairly certain that you can make some good balanced decks with a single playset of each of the cards. I'm no expert on Doomtown but, if it seems like one of the decks is missing something, you'll know and perhaps a simple swap will between them will fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkadisak wrote:
Now to find all the saddlebags on the cheap!

New Town, New Rules is currently $4.99 on sale at CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. I had just ordered that yesterday. CSI was kind enough to refund me the difference today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And, an FYI.

It appears that Doom Town is no longer being produced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Kidder
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomtown: Reloaded has one more expansion that will come out in October and then the rights to produce the game are being passed back to Pinnacle, makers of the great Deadlands RPG that provides the setting Doomtown takes place in. Whether or not Pinnacle continues the game or, if it is continued whether it will be in a form compatible with Reloaded is anyone's guess. (My guesses are maybe and no, respectively.)

For anyone who was looking to get another base set and didn't already have the first few saddlebags, MassDrop has added another drop you should check out. If it hits the lowest price, it's a dollar or two more than 50% MSRP (including shipping) and cheaper than the lot at CSI even with the current sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.