Ville Mankinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Carl, your earlier answer on whether the Guards unit can be sent to Middle East as a "British Infantry unit" on Game Turn 6 made me wonder what exactly does the term "British Infantry" mean in this context. Here are some questions:

1. Can the Guards unit also be used to satisfy the first part of the Pacific Campaign requirement of "...one British, one Indian Infantry..." while it's still on the weaker Infantry side?

2. What if the Guards unit has been Built Up to its Mechanized Infantry side?

3. If the answer to the above is yes, what about the Combe unit, can it be used to satisfy any of these withdrawal requirements of "British Infantry" even though it is a Mechanized Infantry unit?

I think perhaps it would be clearer if the wording was "British Infantry Division", meaning you could only send the units with the word "British" on the counter (50th British, 70th British). Or alternatively, it could read "non-Commonwealth non-Armoured unit", if you wanted to include Mechanized Infantry and exclude the Commonwealth units.

-Ville Mankinen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Villain wrote:

1. Can the Guards unit also be used to satisfy the first part of the Pacific Campaign requirement of "...one British, one Indian Infantry..." while it's still on the weaker Infantry side?

Yes.

Villain wrote:

2. What if the Guards unit has been Built Up to its Mechanized Infantry side?

No.

The rationale here is that Mechanized unit is considered too precious to be sent out or not the required type of unit needed for the withdrawal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville Mankinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick reply, once again!

I thought that would be the case (because being able to send the irreplaceable Combe unit would be rather gamey), but the double nature of the Guards unit made me a bit unsure.

After having tried NR4 (the Italian Front) a couple of times with some friends earlier this year, we will get back to the North African Front this summer. I think this will be the first time we play the full campaign game with all the latest rules (we played the scenarios earlier, but had no time for the full campaign) - I'll try to post some sort of an AAR once we're done (it will probably take some weeks).

-Ville Mankinen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.