Popular Tags: [View All]
Leslie Berg
United States
Lake Stevens
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all-

I started my first game yesterday evening and am hoping someone can clarify a situation I came across and wasn't able to locate in the instructions.

I took the bonus card with +3 power and +1 shipping. It has this description in appendix iv (the fourth card pictured on page 19):

In Phase I “Income”, gain
3 additional Power. Also, in
Phase II and for this round
only, your Shipping value is
increased by 1. If you got this
Bonus card in round 6, this
increase will not count for the
final scoring. (Dwarves and
Fakirs do not gain any advantage
from this card.)

When moving up one space on the shipping track, do I also get the two victory points? Or do I only get those if/when I pay to permanently increase my shipping value?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not adjust the shipping track at all, and thus get no points. Your +1 shipping is "virtual" and is added to whatever your shipping track currently shows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie Berg
United States
Lake Stevens
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hover Harder
badge
You hoverin'?
mbmbmbmbmb
The section about "Phase II" is important. If, for example, you have a couple of bonus spades to use at the end of a round from a cult bonus, you could not utilize your bonus shipping to apply these spades across a river. You would have to have upgraded your shipping to make this possible (because at this point you have already handed your bonus tile back in and your new one is not yet applicable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.