Hide
13 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dragon Bile / Fire ( now with an answer from CMON ) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Lang
msg tools
When you set fire to Dragon Bile, how long does the tile burn for?
is it 1 and done you can immediately remove the fire tile, and players activating after the fire can move through the space just fine ?
Does it burn till the end of the turn? does it burn till till the players next activation ? does it continue to burn for the rest of the game ?

The rules say the DRAGON BILE TILE is removed.
it does not say anything about the fire tile etc. which is why my group has a bit of confusion (and quite a bit of argument ) over the rules.

Edit * I have contacted the CMON Rules team about this to see what the 'official' ruling is.
Seems to me the instant light, and then no further fire just makes it a single zone nuke with no penalty, since further actions i can just walk through the smoldering tile without problem.

CMON has responded with " instant effect and no lingering penalty "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dragon Bile / Fire
You don't even put the fire tile (sad, I know). You destroy everything on that space, remove the dragon bile, and that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fistful of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
You don't even put the fire tile (sad, I know). You destroy everything on that space, remove the dragon bile, and that's it.

We put the tile there, at least for a few seconds - it just seems daft not to.

But as Dystopian said, there's no lingering effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the fire and glowy orb on the back of the dragon bile tokens are used for other things, such as the map features in the newly released scenario pack. The fire token has nothing to do with resolving a dragon fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When there's few (or at least easily accountable) Zombies nearby, I enjoy flipping the tile to its other side while the Zombies are standing on the tile and watching them fly, ever so briefly. It's like all the Zombie bits going everywhere from the explosion.

But yes, as others say, the Dragon Fire is complete after that. Even the Survivor that threw the Torch could move into the cleared Zone as their next Action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We turn it to the fire side as well. If for nothing else it makes you feel like you have accomplished something even if it is an instant effect. The new scenarios use the opposite of the bile for other things as has been mentioned. I like the idea of not wasting the back side of anything. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Dads Podcast
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could always house rule that you can keep the fire burning by throwing more bile into it. Since zombies use brains for sustenance and not thinking, I figure they'd waltz to their death. (Can zombies die?) to their ultimate demise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A variant I proposed a while back

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1487164/dragon-fire-upgrade...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Shirtz
United States
Rensselaer Falls
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Game Board designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thought about using lighter fluid and a match for cinematic effect, but realized it's the kinda thing you can only do once
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kelly
msg tools
I'm coming to this thread late, so sorry about that...

Sad to hear the official responce from CMON is: throw torch, whoosh, gone. gotta say it - ah! CMON!

...our group always turned the bile token to the fire side, and left it there till the end of the game turn (ie: till after the zombies Phase). And as they are a bit brain dead, we let them walk into the fire... And with the Green Horde's arrival this week, we'll probably be doing the same again! Mmmmmmm.... Barbeque cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Land
United States
Eva
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always flip the Dragon Bile tile over to the fire side and left it there until the end of the Zombie activation phase. Any zombies that walk into that tile are destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drake1977 wrote:
I have always flip the Dragon Bile tile over to the fire side and left it there until the end of the Zombie activation phase. Any zombies that walk into that tile are destroyed.

A lot of people use that house rule, but it makes it way too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
drake1977 wrote:

A lot of people use that house rule, but it makes it way too powerful.

But not if it blocks the rest of the survivors movement as well.

But my house rule treats this continually burning fire (until it is removed at the END of the NEXT Zombie turn) basically acts as a temporary barricade, stopping ALL actors from moving into and past that space.

This effectively makes setting a fire alight more of a strategic choice and not just one purely for destruction or survival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.