Subject: Expansion Ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to what expansions are coming for Posthuman and thought I would share some ideas I have for possible expansions:

1) New expanded main board - a longer journey to the fortress, maybe tied into an expanded Events deck (or a variant where you run through the deck once then add fortress card in bottom half of reshuffled deck for a longer solo play experience).

2) New Characters - I have all the current 6 characters but there is lots of room for additional characters. Maybe add some human/mutant hybrid characters with powers! This would seriously open up the character expansion!

3) New Events - as mentioned earlier, I feel the Event deck could easily be added to with both seasonal and regular events, adding in more intense effects like solar eclipse (darkness), tornados, radiation or just expanding the mutant interactions/atmosphere. Lots of potential to make the game longer and harder.

4) New zones - add more environments with effects like swamps, desert (maybe a automatic second desert has to be added to the one exit), valleys etc.

5) Fortress encounters - a deck with some encounters once you reach the fortress to expand play to finalize victory conditions if multiple survivors make it, or to conclude the solo adventure with detail.

5) Some new miniatures for the character models - I don't mind the wooden needles at all but some cool miniatures would just add to this great game.

6) Some novels set in the Posthuman world - I would love to read some adventures expanding and describing the Posthuman world in more detail.

What would you like to see in the Posthuman expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I'd like to see:

1. errata for any material that needs to be fixed from the original game.

2. fluff and flavor text added to more of the original cards.

3. more variety for encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strom40 wrote:
I'm really looking forward to what expansions are coming for Posthuman and thought I would share some ideas I have for possible expansions:

1) New expanded main board - a longer journey to the fortress, maybe tied into an expanded Events deck (or a variant where you run through the deck once then add fortress card in bottom half of reshuffled deck for a longer solo play experience).

2) New Characters - I have all the current 6 characters but there is lots of room for additional characters. Maybe add some human/mutant hybrid characters with powers! This would seriously open up the character expansion!

3) New Events - as mentioned earlier, I feel the Event deck could easily be added to with both seasonal and regular events, adding in more intense effects like solar eclipse (darkness), tornados, radiation or just expanding the mutant interactions/atmosphere. Lots of potential to make the game longer and harder.

4) New zones - add more environments with effects like swamps, desert (maybe a automatic second desert has to be added to the one exit), valleys etc.

5) Fortress encounters - a deck with some encounters once you reach the fortress to expand play to finalize victory conditions if multiple survivors make it, or to conclude the solo adventure with detail.

5) Some new miniatures for the character models - I don't mind the wooden needles at all but some cool miniatures would just add to this great game.

6) Some novels set in the Posthuman world - I would love to read some adventures expanding and describing the Posthuman world in more detail.

What would you like to see in the Posthuman expansions?

The same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My ideas:

Generally speaking: more narrative. It could appear in various forms:

1. Scenario based gameplay. Scenario that gives some overalll narrative with some global rules modifying gameplay. May also have some timed events appearing at specific times/rounds with some fluff text. For example a time race aspect with subsequent events leading to some global occurence that will kill every survivor left out in the wastelands, and you have to reach Fortress before that happens to win. Or mutants trying to take over the Fortress and you have to consider choosing a side that has a real chance to win.

2. Some additional tasks/goals/quests for characters that - when completed successfully could make reaching the fortress easier or have a reward helpful in other way.

3. Alternative goal for mutants as well as humans. Like something a player could choose and consider a little bit more strategically. In the vibe of prisoner's dillemma.

4. Alternative/hidden goal for mutant players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Yay Area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the idea of mutant secret objectives would be great. I've played twice with my group and they really don't like how empty being a mutant feels. Most of them feels like it isn't an actual win for them and they usually lose interest doing their actions. Might just be my group.

Like a hoarder mutant that needs 10 food at the end to win.

A sympathizer mutant that wants the humans to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David R
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be great to replace the stats markers on the player boards with dice - eg Mind dice with numbers 1-5 on it plus the icons to represent extra rolls, Speed dice etc. Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already did that actually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.