The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Legolas and Simultaneous Effect Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stoyan Taskonidis
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing Journey Along The Andiun, and on 1B I have more tokens that required, but the troll was still alive. So in the combat phase, I killed him, using Legolas.

"If two or more conflicting effects would occur
simultaneously, the first player decides the order in
which the effects resolve."

In the rules it is said, that you advanced immediately to the next stage.
So two effects happened at the same time, and I first advanced and then put two progress tokens on the new stage.

How Do you think, was it correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
I am somewhat of a newbie myself, but I believe that you played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wohlganger
United States
Valley City
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, static effects take place before forced: which take place before response:. How you played it was correct, but for the wrong reasons. Satisfying the quest progression requirements is a static effect causing you to go to the next quest card before your response can activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schock
United States
Bentonville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charek wrote:
Actually, static effects take place before forced: which take place before response:. How you played it was correct, but for the wrong reasons. Satisfying the quest progression requirements is a static effect causing you to go to the next quest card before your response can activate.

This is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.