Hide
2 Posts

Tragedy Looper: Midnight Circle» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happens when the Illusion is removed from the board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anh Nguyen
msg tools
I'm confused about whether the Illusion can still affect the game after her Goodwill ability "Remove this character from the board for
the rest of the loop" is used. For example:
- The Illusion is the culprit of Day 3's Incident. On Day 2, when being removed, she has reached paranoia limit. Does the Incident happen?
- The Illusion is the Killer. When being removed, there are 4 Intrigue on the Illusion. Can the Mastermind choose to kill the Protagonists at day end?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
I think an Illusion who has been removed from the board effectively "doesn't exist", like a Godly Being who has not yet entered the board. Her abilities don't work and she can't trigger incidents even if she has enough paranoia and/or is Obstinate.

I'd like official confirmation though, since I could also see it being ruled that she still exists, just not in any of the four locations.

The only relevant rule I can find is this line from the Mastermind script creation guide:
Quote:
Please note that even if she’s removed from the board due to her ability, she
returns to the board in the next loop.

Obviously this is redundant with the goodwill ability's text, but it seems extra redundant if while removed from the board she can still participate in the loop. To me it seems to imply that while off the board she is removed from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.