Subject: Is the companion app worthwhile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

looking at the App but not sure what it adds to the game - add to that it looks like it hasnt been updated for 16 months so wanted to know if its worth it or if people use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Allardyce
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still use the Tracker during games and find it useful.

But the spellbook builder aspect is virtually useless until it is updated with new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Madd
United States
Statesboro
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcane Wonders does not have the resources to manage the app themselves. They're a tiny company of only like 5 or 6 people. So they had hired outside help to design the app and they then had some undisclosed problems with them and have since had to find different help. That's the reason for the long delay from what I understand but they have assured us repeatedly that they are working on an update and will have it out ASAP. It's not dead if that's what you're worried about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The app is a great idea but it needs to be updated and it needs to have promo cards in there. Maybe Arcane Wonders can set up something where they upload the files with tags to some website then the actual developer can put them in the game and push out the update.

There has to be a better way to manage this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Hein
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

For tracking during games, I actually prefer the boards to the app. It's hard for me to see the status of the other players when they use the app. The player/mage boards make it pretty visible what's going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.