Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
like for TTR and Catan...these cards are so small, and the icons so little, that unless your eyesight and the lighting is perfect they're very hard to read sometimes...

I could care less that any new/larger cards might not now fit on their respective spaces on the board, i'd simply set the just above the board...and be very happy!

anyone heard of any other "card options" for the game? thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Now this is a viticulture expansion I would buy immediately.

Due to the card imprints on the board I doubt it would ever happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John: I'm sorry you have a hard time reading the cards--I agree that they're small! But they're small for a reason, as the vine cards have to fit on the vineyard mat, and they're kept in hand with the visitor cards, so they need to be the same size. That's the only size we offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
John: I'm sorry you have a hard time reading the cards--I agree that they're small! But they're small for a reason, as the vine cards have to fit on the vineyard mat, and they're kept in hand with the visitor cards, so they need to be the same size. That's the only size we offer.
thanks, for the quick reply and a great game! (I have most of yours already)...but again, i'd glady skip placing them on the board for larger cards! (they'd be just fine sitting "above" the board)...I was just hoping that (like some other games, also with the smaller cards) there was an "add on" I could purchase which would solve our problem...

if I had the hi-res files i'd even be willing to pay PrinterStudio to make the decks for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John: Maybe someday we'll do that, kind of like the 1910 expansion for Ticket to Ride. If it was a simple matter of clicking a button and making the cards bigger, we may have done something like that a while ago, but it requires a ton of graphic design work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps something to put on the Stonemaier request list? It sounds like it would require a large number of potential buyers to do it but maybe we'll surprise you with how many people would look to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
John: Maybe someday we'll do that, kind of like the 1910 expansion for Ticket to Ride. If it was a simple matter of clicking a button and making the cards bigger, we may have done something like that a while ago, but it requires a ton of graphic design work.
I believe that if you have the orig hi-res images a company like Printer Studio (http://www.printerstudio.com/) could just enlarge your images (maybe like by 125%/135%) and they could/would allow us to purchase the cards from them (and then whatever you'd worked out with them, they could pay you)...

I have Printer Studio custom cards for FireFly, created by BGG'ers, that are every bit as good as the Gale Force 9 cards that came with the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

What is this, a game for ants?? The game needs to be at least...3 times as big!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.