Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh - 1onthebox
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Anyone out there pimping their Star Trek Frontiers?

I was considering picking up some Attack Wing ships to replace tokens, maybe a paint job on said mini's, and finding a more thematic replacement for the data crystals.

Would love to here from anyone else out there thinking the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Rat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
id think attack wings pieces would be too large?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123 Fake Street
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What about HeroClix minis, are the the right size? They have some ships, but also miniature characters. These could be used in place of the crew tokens that denote whether the crew member has been activated or not during each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Linnemann
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to use the isolinear chips from the TNG interactive video board game for the data crystals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the Starbases from Star trek Catan in on spaces with outposts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about ships from ST: Fleet Captains?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brenycz
msg tools
mb
Are there any romulan warbird or borg sphere figures which would fit? I'm thinking of upgrading the data tokens to cubes closer to the pandemic infection cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kirk
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am thinking about using Star Trek Tactics ships, they use the hero clix base so they would fit like the borg cubes do. Will upload a pic after the next game.

For the data crystals still searching, would love to find something better though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
I'm using the Starbases from Star trek Catan in on spaces with outposts.

I'm going to try this. The colours even work out to that I can use the red/blue/gold outposts from ST:Catan as the research stations and the White Starbases as the Starbases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the ideas are great, but having played it this weekend, minis for the starbases would just get in the way of the gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jones
United States
Lagrange
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ANTIDEAD wrote:
Are there any romulan warbird or borg sphere figures which would fit? I'm thinking of upgrading the data tokens to cubes closer to the pandemic infection cubes.

I swapped out the chips for Pandemic cubes, and I like it much, much better. The only problem is, I don't have any white or clear ones, and buying a bag of 50-100 of them just to use 3 seems extravagant. So, I kept the purple, white and black data chips on the grudging justification that they can only be used as tokens, so it's okay for them to be different from the basic colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who don't know; Star Trek Heroclix, Fleet Captains, and Attack Wing ships are all the same molds and sizes. The Clix ones are probably do-able in Frontiers, but the Attack Wing bases are too big and unwieldy for the Frontiers hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.