IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the other new cards are:
Fuel: kill a zombie for free
Food: "kill" a Raider for free
Junk: spend towards building an improvement

What's Medicine? Is it just to placate unruly helpless survivors? If so, I think that's the only one specifically referenced in the rulebook:
rulebook wrote:
The active player may flip an unruly survivor token to its normal helpless survivor side by placing a medicine card in the waste pile without using its effect.

Also, according to the Edward White ruling, that would mean that Adrenaline Shots and whatnot work as well for this, right?

Or does starter Medicine do something else entirely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in my opinion (and I am by no means an expert), I would say "no" to the medicine question. beyond the fact that the Adrenaline Shot does not say anything extra, nor is it listed in the rulebook as "medicine symbol." then there is the idea of giving an unruly survivor a (color) pill from Raxxon. E'Ghads!

I would also point out, as a side example, that the Food/Remove Bandit only applies to Food 1. Food 2 or 3 do not have the same text.

as for Starter v Other Location medicine, the text is the same (although the formatting is different).

in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McGuire
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on the Medicine cards are identical to that of the base game. I guess that's why that one is called out in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Taylor
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm in the camp to favor that the "regular" medicine would be needed. It's not explicit, but in other cases where they refer to a card category they tend to use the symbol rather than the word. Moreover, thematically this makes better sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
mat9h wrote:
I'm in the camp to favor that the "regular" medicine would be needed. It's not explicit, but in other cases where they refer to a card category they tend to use the symbol rather than the word. Moreover, thematically this makes better sense.

Unfortunately, that would be very inconsistent with the current FAQ ruling for Edward White:
Quote:
1.3.2 Can I use any card with a medicine symbol to use his ability?
Yes. You may use Medicine, Adrenaline Shot, or any other future cards with the medicine symbol on it to activate his ability.

This issue could have been avoided completely if the designers had the forethought to avoid giving a specific card the same name as a card category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Granted, the current FAQ for Edward White still contradicts the last official word on the forums about how many dice his ability uses...

But "Medicine = any card with the medicine icon" doesn't seem to be game-breaking for the unruly-survivor rule, and is consistent with expectations.

pseudotheist wrote:
This issue could have been avoided completely if the designers had the forethought to avoid giving a specific card the same name as a card category.

Also this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.