Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
66 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Robot carrying bomb used to kill shooter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To take out one of the shooters in dallas, the police used a robot carrying a n explosive to kill him.

How long until we have drones with guns flying around? Is the future a fully-robotic police force?

Robocop, here we come!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
To take out one of the shooters in dallas, the police used a robot carrying a n explosive to kill him.

How long until we have drones with guns flying around? Is the future a fully-robotic police force?

Robocop, here we come!


With flying drones, it should be Robocop-tor.
15 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
To take out one of the shooters in dallas, the police used a robot carrying a n explosive to kill him.

How long until we have drones with guns flying around? Is the future a fully-robotic police force?

Robocop, here we come!


With flying drones, it should be Robocop-tor.
Air-Bot
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
We already have drones with guns. They're all over the place on YouTube and relatively easy to set up.
the right to air arms?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
We already have drones with guns. They're all over the place on YouTube and relatively easy to set up.


But the cops aren't using them (to my knowledge)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm disappointed by the lack of real drone puns in this thread.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Valuable bathroom real estate!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
We already have drones with guns. They're all over the place on YouTube and relatively easy to set up.


That's somewhat disturbing. The only reasonable solution is for every American to arm themselves with gun-toting drones. Just to be safe.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm just stuck in the past, but it's kind of blowing my mind that the cops used a robot to bring a bomb to explode to kill someone. I don't know why.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb



Can I help you, Dave?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
I'm disappointed by the lack of real drone puns in this thread.


Be grateful. Because once they start, they go on... and on... and on....
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Valuable bathroom real estate!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Maybe I'm just stuck in the past, but it's kind of blowing my mind that the cops used a robot to bring a bomb to explode to kill someone. I don't know why.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
jageroxorz wrote:
Robocop, here we come!

just flee up or down a flight of stairs and you should be fine
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
Robocop, here we come!

just flee up or down a flight of stairs and you should be fine





ELEVATE!!!!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
I'm disappointed by the lack of real drone puns in this thread.


Now you're just droning on and on...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
bjlillo wrote:
Fully automatic machine gun (tannerite and gasoline was added to the dummies being shot to make it look extra scary. Bullets don't really do that to real people.)


fake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:


Fully automatic machine gun (tannerite and gasoline was added to the dummies being shot to make it look extra scary. Bullets don't really do that to real people.)





While I'm sure they are not far behind, but that was the fakest CGI looking video I've seen in a while.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I guess you can say he was...terminated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The best solution to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a representative government with a police department with a robot with a bomb.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
To take out one of the shooters in dallas, the police used a robot carrying an explosive to kill him.


And that's where the story should have ended. No explanation, no elaboration, no "here's how they did it".

We have a robot. It blows people up.


robot

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Conspiracy theorists are going toove this one.

Lone gunman blown up by police so no one can find out why he decided to shoot people *in Dallas*. I wonder if the robot was named J. Ruby.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Conspiracy theorists are going toove this one.

Lone gunman blown up by police so no one can find out why he decided to shoot people *in Dallas*. I wonder if the robot was named J. Ruby.


I am all for killing this guy, but does anyone find it a bit disturbing that the police in Dallas have a bomb carrying robot ? It's not like they just slapped some duct tape and grenade on it. This was prepared ahead of time.

Technically this is a drone strike on US soil by a police dept.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
Conspiracy theorists are going toove this one.

Lone gunman blown up by police so no one can find out why he decided to shoot people *in Dallas*. I wonder if the robot was named J. Ruby.


I am all for killing this guy, but does anyone find it a bit disturbing that the police in Dallas have a bomb carrying robot ? It's not like they just slapped some duct tape and grenade on it. This was prepared ahead of time.

Technically this is a drone strike on US soil by a police dept.


I'm a bit conflicted by it, myself. Though I'm not sparing any tears for the guy, that's for sure.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Piquet
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
To take out one of the shooters in dallas, the police used a robot carrying a n explosive to kill him.

How long until we have drones with guns flying around? Is the future a fully-robotic police force?

Robocop, here we come!


It reminds me the TV series Dark Angel (taking place in Seattle in 2019):

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Judge, jury, executioner. I am sure the next guy won't be so stupid and remember to take a hostage.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your job suicide by cop will be automated. Please investigate a resource based economy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.