War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Anniversary Edition Shipping out of Factory? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meeple Up
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
At the risk of getting a heaping pile of you-know-what dumped on me, it would be nice to hear some type of update.

I know, I know. It isn't the job of a company to give updates before a product is released and by wondering what the status is that makes me a horrible person and a spoiled board gamer that shouldn't be so entitled.. Yada yada.

My excitement for this is high and I can't wait for it which is why I would like to hear a status update. At least to say they are still on track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I know it's not an official response, but Ares Games responded to someone asking about it on their Facebook page a couple days ago. They said:

"All our suppliers are at work on the different components, while we are approving some of the final materials we sourced. We expect to have the confirmed shipping date before the end of this month."

Hopefully we hear something more soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sax11 wrote:
I know it's not an official response, but Ares Games responded to someone asking about it on their Facebook page a couple days ago. They said:

"All our suppliers are at work on the different components, while we are approving some of the final materials we sourced. We expect to have the confirmed shipping date before the end of this month."

Hopefully we hear something more soon.

Thanks for the quote, I'm not on facebook. If they are still printing components in China and "approving materials" then it sounds like we shouldn't expect to receive this next month. I'm going to adjust my expectations to late November and hope I get to see this by Thanksgiving holiday, but from the sound of it I wouldn't be surprised if it was December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Up
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
That is exactly what I was looking for!

I'm not on facebook either.. Next month might not be likely, but hopefully we get these before thanksgiving or Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave evans
United Kingdom
iPSWICH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please keep moaning everybody and keep this thread alive until we get our copies!

If it wasn't for this thread I'd have no idea how to get updates!

Looking forward to the game ... but, it has to be said, truly awful customer relations.

I mean, how much effort does it take to compile an email list of pre-orders and send a regular update???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Hi, can you offer a link to the place where Ares said this?

Thanks,

Lance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
It was a response to a question on their Facebook page on August 17.

https://www.facebook.com/AresGames/posts_to_page/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So obviously Ares neglected to update hapless customers before the end of August.

Now well into September, they still haven't actually said that their earlier schedule to send out the games to customers (next week?) has changed. Their infuriatingly vague messages shed no light for those who long ago sent them a lot of money.

I asked on Friday on their Facebook if they had an update. They didn't bother to reply.

I'm sure that this is all great and absolutely the right way to treat customers.

I'll bet we get emails soon with shipping confirmation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do people think they are entitled to updates?

Ares have said they expect to deliver in September, but that date is subject to change and they will let us know if/when that changes.

I don't see why people are demanding an update. It's still September and we will get an update when there is something to report.

Just sit back and wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this may not be the thread for you, then because (spoiler!) some folks don't feel the same way.

I hope you got in on the UpFront Kickstarter--you would have LOVED it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was going to deliver in September, one would think they have a picture of a final production version of the game to show off, which they don't seem to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jaquette
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I received this response from Ares yesterday:

Quote:
Dear Michael,

We'll ship WOTR Anniversary Release from the China Factory to our warehouses at September.

Sorry for delay

All the best,

Leonardo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
"Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals."
badge
You were doing well until everyone died.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike. So it sounds like it may be a little late? That's okay, and it will be nice when Ares actually announces this to the customers in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul-Henri SEVE
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LovefortheGame wrote:
I received this response from Ares yesterday:

Quote:
Dear Michael,

We'll ship WOTR Anniversary Release from the China Factory to our warehouses at September.

Sorry for delay

All the best,

Leonardo

Thanx Michael. We now know they are 2 months late on their schedule, according to this :
Quote:
this timeline gives us an estimate for shipping out of the factory in early to late July, and an expected arrival at our warehouses in August. All factors considered, we feel confident the new shipping date of September 2016 is a safe estimate.

So I would expect to get it for Christmas, which sounds fine to me.
I think we will have no update from Ares to announce another delay or bullshit, the next one will probably be when they get their hands on a final product plus all the pallets (probably october), so during the meantime let's play something else :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.