BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Here is how it should be done... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to wonder what happened with the traffic stop where he got shot. The officer yelling about how he told him not to reach for it.
May never know...

http://fox6now.com/2015/10/29/mans-facebook-post-about-traff...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
I have to wonder what happened with the traffic stop where he got shot. The officer yelling about how he told him not to reach for it.
May never know...

I gotta say, honestly? That's... still kinda messed up, all things considered.

The way he phrases everything really does make it sound like there is a very real threat of him having been shot at any point during the exchange because he moved too fast or something. Like, it really does seem to change the tenor of a completely normal traffic stop quite substantially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Moral of the story, if you make a mistake in understanding what the officer is asking you, you may be justifiably murdered.

Wait a minute. That doesn't sound right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
May never know...

The way he phrases everything really does make it sound like there is a very real threat of him having been shot at any point during the exchange because he moved too fast or something.

Why wouldnt there be a threat of him being shot?
If the cop knows he has a gun. The cop gets to protect himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
welp that solves it then, Philandro Castle clearly deserved to get shot to death
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Man, it's almost like we pay cops exorbitant salaries for a job that only requires a high school-level education for some reason, what could it be, what could it be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
May never know...

The way he phrases everything really does make it sound like there is a very real threat of him having been shot at any point during the exchange because he moved too fast or something.

Why wouldnt there be a threat of him being shot?

Sure. (EDit: Sorry. Not trying to imply otherwise.) I'm just saying it sounds like a serious drawback for CCW folks. Like it goes from politely extract wallet and give to officer to explain full location of weapon, allow officer to disarm you, and do all this -very- -slowly- and -carefully- so as to not get shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
The guy in Baton Rouge was definitely wrestling with the officers, although his gun was still in his pants pocket.

The guy in Minneapolis, well, as you say, all we have to go by at this time is what his girlfriend put on Facebook. But she claims her boyfriend did everything like the guy in Tucson. The cop and his department haven't released details (at least that I'm aware of).

You know, for the life of me, I don't understand why people don't cooperate with the cops in the first place. Yeah, if the cop comes up and starts whacking you with his stick, then you defend yourself. But in a traffic stop? Kiss up, tell them you like the mirrored aviator glasses even if it is 2 in the morning. Cops are people, they don't want to do paperwork or drag your ass down to county unless they have to. Give them a reason to walk away and nine times out of 10 they do. But the cops have to realize the people they interact with are people too, and if they're polite, chances are they'll get that in return. Two-sided street. I do understand the black guys' point of view. It was pretty vile (and somewhat unconstitutional) what the war on drugs did in the late 1980s and 1990s, and most of the people targeted were black.

edited because Jmilium is an accuracy Nazi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mightygodking wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Man, it's almost like we pay cops exorbitant salaries for a job that only requires a high school-level education for some reason, what could it be, what could it be

My how superior of you to condescend to people who get shot at? Perhaps you're unaware that police in metro areas and most of the rest of the country are REQUIRED to have at least an associate's degree (2 years) in criminal justice studies, and the metro areas require at least a bachelor's degree just to be a street cop. You want to go into administration, you have to have a master's. And those huge $40K salaries those cops get to live in Washington DC or Denver. Yeah, they're the true 1 percenters.

But you're so smart, you knew that already, and were just pulling our legs, right?

Right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The police behaved properly and correctly in this situation. It's how the 2nd amendment and police safety should interact.

For most people, you will be the highest risk in your entire life of being killed when you are interacting with a policeman at a traffic stop (even for a broken tail light).

You should treat every situation with a policeman as if he had a gun pointed at you and was ready to shoot you.

Ask for permission to do anything before you do it.

Speak to them as you would to a child so there is no confusion.

Follow their directions on how to move and how fast to move.

Teach your children.

Hope you haven't been stopped by racist or corrupt police officers because in that case, you are probably just fucked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
The guy in Minneapolis was definitely wrestling with the officers, although his gun was still in his pants pocket.

The guy in Baton Rouge, well, as you say, all we have to go by at this time is what his girlfriend put on Facebook. But she claims her boyfriend did everything like the guy in Tucson. The cop and his department haven't released details (at least that I'm aware of).

You have them backwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are good cops and bad cops, and the bad ones know how to provoke a situation. There re good citizens and bad citizens, and the bad ones know how to manipulate the media.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
TheDashi wrote:
May never know...

the police officer didnt shoot the driver during a routine traffic stop - yeah i guess that is how it should be done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
May never know...

Really? You really can't figure this one out? Here, try this:

Cop: You have a busted tailight.
Philando: Officer I am licensed to carry and I have a firearm in the vehicle.
CopL Do NOT reach for the firearm. I need your driver's license and registration.
Philandro reaches for his wallet
BANG BANG BANG BANG
Cop: I told him not to reach for it.

So let me ask this. What kind of mental giants do the have wearing badges in Minneapolis? What kind of person thinks a family man with his girlfriend in the front seat AND a four year old in a car seat in the back is going to pull a gun and shoot you for a "busted tail light" but first he is going to calmly tell you he has a firearm and then reach into his back pocket (you know, the pocket he is sitting on) for the gun all while firmly strapped into the vehicle with his seat belt? How could you possible think this is so likely that you put four bullets into a guy the first sign he is reaching for the ID you just asked him to provide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
The police behaved properly and correctly in this situation. It's how the 2nd amendment and police safety should interact.

Holy Fuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kafka wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
May never know...

CopL Do NOT reach for the firearm. I need your driver's license and registration.
BANG BANG BANG BANG

So let me ask this. What kind of mental giants do the have wearing badges in Minneapolis? What kind of person thinks a family man with his girlfriend in the front seat AND a four year old in a car seat in the back is going to pull a gun and shoot you for a "busted tail light" but first he is going to calmly tell you he has a firearm and then reach into his back pocket (you know, the pocket he is sitting on) for the gun all while firmly strapped into the vehicle with his seat belt? How could you possible think this is so likely that you put four bullets into a guy the first sign he is reaching for the ID you just asked him to provide?

Unfortunately, that part of the incident was not recorded, right?
I do not know what happened.
I admit, this one looks REALLY bad for the cops, but YOU DONT KNOW< and I DONT KNOW what happened before he was shot.
Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Kafka wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
May never know...

BANG BANG BANG BANG

I admit, this one looks REALLY bad for the cops, but YOU DONT KNOW< and I DONT KNOW what happened before he was shot.
Right?

Was there a dumpster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

For most people, you will be the highest risk in your entire life of being killed when you are interacting with a policeman at a traffic stop (even for a broken tail light).

You should treat every situation with a policeman as if he had a gun pointed at you and was ready to shoot you.

Ask for permission to do anything before you do it.

Speak to them as you would to a child so there is no confusion.

Follow their directions on how to move and how fast to move.

Teach your children.

Hope you haven't been stopped by racist or corrupt police officers because in that case, you are probably just fucked.

These are your employees that you pay to protect you?
Truly you live in the land of the free.
King George's soldiers treated you better than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Kafka wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
May never know...

BANG BANG BANG BANG

Right?

Was there a dumpster?

I dont know? Was there? Is that what you live in, troll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kafka wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Holy Fuck.

You know I mean the linked article where the guy didn't get shot right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how you do it when pulled over with CCW.
Put both your hands out the window crossed at the wrists with fingers apart. Yell to the officer, "I have a CCL what would you like me to do?"
Move slowly speak calmly and be respectful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Diabolik771 wrote:
Put both your hands out the window crossed at the wrists with fingers apart. Yell to the officer, "I have a CCL what would you like me to do?"

Cop: I need your driver's license and registration.
You reach slowly for your wallet.
BANG BANG BANG BANG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:

BANG BANG BANG BANG

Yep, leave out the part where he said he was armed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
DavidDearlove wrote:
These are your employees that you pay to protect you?
Truly you live in the land of the free.
King George's soldiers treated you better than that.

laughlaughlaugh

Oh, you were serious?

laughlaughlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
she2 wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:

BANG BANG BANG BANG

Yep, leave out the part where he said he was armed.
That was implied in "I have a CCL what would you like me to do?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.