9 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion daydreaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Perron
Canada
flag msg tools
Waiting around for Civil War to release and started daydreaming of possible expansions. Came up with the below:

Legendary Marvel Classics

Heroes:

Ant Man
Wasp
Wonder Man
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
She Hulk
Banshee
Havok
Polaris
Phoenix
Sunfire
Longshot
Shadowcat
Dazzler
Ka Zar
Adam Warlock

Masterminds:

Mandarin
Baron Mordo
Sebastian Shaw
Mojo
MODOK

Villains:

Mystic
Hellfire Club
Ten Rings (combine fire/ice and lightning/impact)
Mojoverse
Serpent Society
Wrecking Crew
Morlocks

Henchmen:

AIM
Brood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack delavert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel Animated Universe:

Heroes:
Shield Agents
Spiderman -Agent of Shield (also Web Warrior)
White Tiger
Powerman (Luke Cage)
Iron Fist
Triton

Web warriors:
Agent Venom
Iron Spider
Scarlet Spider
Kid Arachnid
Spiderman 2099
Spiderman Noir
Spidergirl
Spider Knight

Agents of Smash
Hulk
A-Bomb
Red Hulk
She-Hulk
Devil Dinosaur
Skaar

Unaffiliated:
Iron Patriot
Patrioteer
Madame Web

Masterminds:
Iron Skull (Red Skull)
The Leader
Norman Osbourne
Doctor Octopus (Iron Octopus)

Villians:
Sinister 7
The Cabal
Symbiotes

Henchmen:
Goblin Soldiers
Vampires

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary: Rumiko Takahashi (Stand alone base box)

15 Heroes:
1 Ranma Saotome
2 Ryoga Hibiki
3 Inuyasha
4 Kagome Higurashi
5 Miroku
6 Sango
7 Akane Tendo
8 Shampoo
9 Ukyo Kuonji
10 Lum

Villian Groups:
1 Teachers
2 The Jusenkyo Preservation Society

Henchmen:
1 Sasuke Sarugakure
2 Nabiki Tendo

4 masterminds:
1 Happosai
2 Naraku
3 Principal Kuno

Spacial Bystanders:
Kasumi Tendo
Laddle Lady
Ataru Moroboshi
Akemi Roppongi

8 schemes:
1 Control a piece of the Shikon Jewel
2 Unite the Schools
3 Give Ranma another fiancée

--

Giving Sailor Moon the Villains treatment would be fun too:

Sailor Moon attempts to Bring About Crystal Tokyo with Inner Senshi, Outer Senshi, ... challenged by Beryl, Mistress 9, Nehiliena...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
Legendary: Rumiko Takahashi

Gezundheit!

I saw a bunch of Japanese-sounding things in there along with some teachers. I assume this is Japanamation-related, not Marvel? Then again, I could be wrong since there was a very Asian/Oriental-themed group in Secret Wars.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Yeah, it's anime/manga stuff. Inuyasha is one of the more popular action entries. Ranma must've been popular at one point, because it got 7 seasons & numerous movies (all of which I own because I love it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I'd like to see more focus on the Avengers and their affiliates. Iron Man, Hulk and Thor all have a variety of friends and allies and adversaries, and few of them have been tapped into that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rucker73 wrote:
Waiting around for Civil War to release and started daydreaming of possible expansions. Came up with the below:

Legendary Marvel Classics

Heroes:

Ant Man
Wasp
Wonder Man
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
She Hulk
Banshee
Havok
Polaris
Phoenix
Sunfire
Longshot
Shadowcat
Dazzler
Ka Zar
Adam Warlock

Masterminds:

Mandarin
Baron Mordo
Sebastian Shaw
Mojo
MODOK

Villains:

Mystic
Hellfire Club
Ten Rings (combine fire/ice and lightning/impact)
Mojoverse
Serpent Society
Wrecking Crew
Morlocks

Henchmen:

AIM
Brood

I would be all over this. Seriously. It would probably be my favourite expansion (after DC of course lol)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mitchell
Australia
flag msg tools
Might be a bit dated for early 90s fans but a small expansion for the 2099 timeline I think would be neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I don't think I'll be able to pinpoint things as exactly as some others have here, but these licenses would all be useful:

Shonen Jump: No need to go after licenses for Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, & Bleach. They're all right here. I can immediately think of a Frieza mastermind that always leads the Ginyu force. I don't really follow a lot of the other popular manga enough to know what would work, but if the focus is Shonen Jump, I'm pretty sure you could get around having to negotiate with each individual artist.
My Little Pony: Someone had to bring it up. I really need to pick up work again on the custom set I was working on for that. Hasbro is extremely unlikely to actually allow using its rights for an adventure game, but the show itself definitely fits. The obvious one would be Queen Chrysalis always leading the Changelings (likely a henchmen group). King Sombra would probably lead the Diamond Dogs for the lulz. Make the starters Wonderbolts so Rainbow Dash can be that Spider-Man aggro!
Disney: This one gets a little bit dicey, as it would have to incorporate basically all of Disney's varying universes (putting aside the unified Pixar theory). It's dicey because usually the supervillains work alone instead of leading a group. That said, Disney has fired many pellets out of their shotgun, so there are still a significant amount of hits here. Licenses I can see that would support this would be Peter Pan, Mulan, Alice in Wonderland, Robin Hood, Ducktales, Lion King, Pocahontas (but probably best to avoid the clearly racist background here), Hercules, and Stitch. Awkwardly, the Incredibles wouldn't work due to lack of villains.
The Elder Scrolls: This one really deserves its own tabletop game, but pretty much any RPG works solidly for this. The Elder Scrolls is absolutely full of lore. They can even reliably work tech classes between all the smiths & dwemer technology. Any one game would have plenty of potential masterminds & villain groups available, to say nothing for what the series as a whole could accomplish. The trickier task would be finding good allies, but just knowing Skyrim as well as I do, there's still a lot of solid characters available.
TMNT: Heroclix finally got the TMNT treatment. The time is ripe for them to get into Legendary, as well. The series is totally rich, even if I personally don't care for it as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.