Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
I just opened this expansion and am excited to put it on the table, but the Riverwalkers confuse me!

Bottom right of page 7 the rule book disussss how a town can be founded... I have no idea what it's referring to. aren't towns founded in a simple way? What are those arrows doing?

Are river walkers playable at all? They seem very strange, if they can only build on river tiles and can never up their shipping... Weird stuff.

It also seems that the Dragonmasters would be a LOT worse in large player games. Is that the case? More home tiles means harder to spread, if I'm reading it right it seems like they can only terraform 4-8 times per game, a few more with the stronghold...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
Bottom right of page 7 the rule book disussss how a town can be founded... I have no idea what it's referring to. aren't towns founded in a simple way? What are those arrows doing?
Maybe you didnt realize they cant spread through land ? They have to use shipping in order to reach a new space.
As long as you respect this rule, towns work like for any faction.
The example page 7 just shows how you still can spread from two different starting points in order to build different parts of a future town, that otherwise wouldnt have been reachable from each other.
Hope this makes it clearer

Paul G wrote:
Are river walkers playable at all? They seem very strange, if they can only build on river tiles and can never up their shipping... Weird stuff.
Well, they were so good that they have been nerfed since.
See Official change of rules

Paul G wrote:
It also seems that the Dragonmasters would be a LOT worse in large player games. Is that the case? More home tiles means harder to spread,
Quite true, unless somme opponent(s) also are Fire&Ice factions : they dont have a home terrain.
Paul G wrote:
if I'm reading it right it seems like they can only terraform 4-8 times per game, a few more with the stronghold...
Untrue, because they get new power tokens instead of spades (power actions, cult bonus, bonus card). It's quite advantageous, a power token means a volcano or half a volcano in worst case.
They generally are seriously contesting the largest network.
Their biggest problem is to deal with low power tokens count and not waste power income.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Ah cool! That explains everything, Thanks. Looking forward to trying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
They seem very strange, if they can only build on river tiles
Just to make sure: Riverwalkers can NOT build on river tiles - they build on land hexes just like all other factions, but are limited to land hexes next to a river, i.e. "shore".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Ah, shore would have been a much better word for it! I meant hexes adjacent to the river, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.