4 Posts

Dominion: Empires» Forums » General

Subject: Great combo's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen van Heusden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I have recently bought and played "Empires" and found a beautiful combo with some of the Empire cards.

My kingdom was: Engineer, Settlers/Bustling Village, Caravanguard, Quarry, Fortress, sacrifice, Bazaar, Adventurer, Grand market and Bank.
The events I used were: Travelling Fair and Advance.

First I bought me an sacrifice and an engineer through travelling Fair.
The engineer goes on top of my deck and I could used it the next turn.
Then I gained a fortress and an second Sacrifice.
When you have an sacrifice and an fortress in your hand, you can trash the fortress due the "Advance" and go for the Grand markets.
When you've played the first grand market, you need to keep the fortress in your hand to use for the "Advance" after you have paid for the "Travelling fair" to put the gained cards on your deck.
When the Grand market pile is empty you can go for the "Bazaars".

After that you may fill in how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ripper666 wrote:
When you have an sacrifice and an fortress in your hand, you can trash the fortress due the "Advance" and go for the Grand markets.

This line makes me think you may be a little confused. When you buy the Advance event, you have a chance to trash an Action to gain an Action, and yes, this is particularly good with Fortress and Grand Market. But if you are trashing an Action for some reason other than buying Advance -- such as because you played Sacrifice -- then there is no additional effect caused by Advance. It isn't some sort of global "when you trash an Action" effect.

My apologies if I am misreading you and you totally understood this already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van Heusden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
You're totally right in that way. It's only to get grand markets and bazaars for free. You can trash the coppers and fortresses by the sacrifice to get rid of your cheap cards. And get way better cards without paying for them When you have soms coppers in your hand. That's the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van Heusden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
There's no effect by the advance in that way. But it's a nice balanced kingdom with some options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.