Popular Tags: [View All]
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished the game, read through the questions on the rules forum and couldn't find answers to my specific questions:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In the final "group combat" battle, our group played it that it didn't cost any TUs to move to another henchman after defeating one. Our feeling was that if we are taking damage from the enemies due to skulls on the backs of the cards, it is a big melee and thus takes no time to move from card to card, everyone is battling simultaneously. However logical that sounds, I saw no reference anywhere in the rules. Did we play this right or did we invent a house rule?

We were a little confused with the captured dice mechanic concerning the fault. We felt no need to go to that card during the group battle because we were too busy fighting off the henchman and then the king. When we were done with all the assailants, then we turned over the final card. When we did the test to close the fault, it was then that we started putting dice on card 59 when we rolled a blank. Fortunately, we closed the fault before we ran out of dice. Did we play that correctly?

Finally, end game scoring. I read all the commentary on this issue and never saw a consensus or anyone definitively saying who to count as a defeated opponent. My feeling is that if you defeat someone in a contest, that is an "opponent defeated", regardless of whether the card was discarded or set aside. Any thoughts here would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:
In the final "group combat" battle, our group played it that it didn't cost any TUs to move to another henchman after defeating one. Our feeling was that if we are taking damage from the enemies due to skulls on the backs of the cards, it is a big melee and thus takes no time to move from card to card, everyone is battling simultaneously. However logical that sounds, I saw no reference anywhere in the rules. Did we play this right or did we invent a house rule?

House Rule. The game rule is for one TU, you either individually pass, roll dice against the current skill test, or move to another card. Not move to another card and roll dice for one TU.

albcann wrote:
We were a little confused with the captured dice mechanic concerning the fault. We felt no need to go to that card during the group battle because we were too busy fighting off the henchman and then the king. When we were done with all the assailants, then we turned over the final card. When we did the test to close the fault, it was then that we started putting dice on card 59 when we rolled a blank. Fortunately, we closed the fault before we ran out of dice. Did we play that correctly?

Yes, you did. The main problem with this path is that you no longer can undo the effects with the card at the last, so you got lucky.

albcann wrote:
Finally, end game scoring. I read all the commentary on this issue and never saw a consensus or anyone definitively saying who to count as a defeated opponent. My feeling is that if you defeat someone in a contest, that is an "opponent defeated", regardless of whether the card was discarded or set aside. Any thoughts here would be appreciated.

Opponents, not non-combat-skill tests, that had you in combat are opponents. An encounter that was a non-combat-skill test is not. There are relatively many of the former, but depending on your final choices, will determine how well you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jeff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Hedrick
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Opponents, not non-combat-skill tests, that had you in combat are opponents. An encounter that was a non-combat-skill test is not. There are relatively many of the former, but depending on your final choices, will determine how well you do.

Which seems an extremely arbitrary way to score. We ended up giving ourselves an especially low score, because we honestly had no idea what this number was given there was no indication we should be tracking such things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.