Würzburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Tiny
Cute
and though incredible nasty!

If you think you have an easy time with these little friends, just because they're seemingly powerless, you're OH SO WRONG. Never underestimate their tasty bite - ever!

Hello

I like to share the second sketch of my recent faction idea: The Cute Cadgers aka Parasites

Therfore you need to know 2 new mechanics.

1. +1 Power and -1 Power counters
Before AEG introduced the Power +1 tokens with their Monster Smash expansion, I made up a similar concept for myself.

A +1 Power counters are known from the Monster Smash expansion.

A -1 Power counters is some kind of negative brother of the “+1 power” counter with special rules for them. A "-1 Power" counter can be removed from the player who controls the minion with the counter by spending an action. If a minions power is already 0, it can’t get another "-1 Power" counter. If a minions power is reduced (for example when an power-boosting effect vanishes) it still can’t get a negative power, no matter how many "-1 Power" counters are on it.

+1 Power and -1 Power counters neutralize each other equally. If a minion with a -1 Power counteron it gets a +1 Power counter, remove the -1 Power counter instead. No minion can have +1 Power and -1 Power counters on it simultaniousely!

2. Play a minion as a parasite on an opposing minion to infest it
Some minions from the Cute Cadgers can be played on opposing minions. This works like playing an action on a minion. These minions are called parasites and the targeted opposing minions are referred as infested. A lot of effects of the Cute Caders refer to these keywords.
A parasite moves together with its infested minion. It is destroyed, when the infested minion is destroyed, and discarded, when the infested minion is discarded or returned to its owners hand. Nevertheless, the parasite still counts as an individual minion which can be targeted separate from the infested minion. For example, you or an opponent could (re)move it from the infested minion to another base.

So much for that. If you’re still on the road, here are the card texts:

Minions

5x Sucker (P1)

Play as extra minion as parasite on an opponent’s minion to infest it.
Ongoing: During your turn, put a “-1 power” counter on the infested minion to put a “+1 power” counter on this minion. If you can't do so, destroy it.
Ongoing: If Sucker is destroyed, distribute its power counters equally to other minions here.

2x Brian (P1)

Play on an opposing minion as parasite to infest it.
Ongoing: Take control of the infested minion if your number of minions here is greater than that minion’s power.

1x Bug Boat (P1)

Draw 2 cards. Then choose another of your minions here and either use that minion’s ability as if it was played right now OR transfer it as parasite onto a(nother) minion here.

1x Stinger (P1)

Talent: Put a “-1 power” counter on every infested minion here to put two “+1 power” counters on their parasites .

2x Spreaderick (P1)

Special: If this card is put into your discard pile, either play up to 3 extra minions of power 1 OR return any number of non-Spreaderick minions from your discard pile to your deck, whose total power is 3 or less.

1x Mag (P1)

Draw 2 cards. Ongoing: Opponent’s minions here have +2 power.

1x Gertroot (P1)

Draw 1 card and play an extra minion here.
Ongoing: Every minion here has +1 power.

1x Collector (P1)

Until the end of this turn, draw a card for each minion you play here (including this one). Play an extra minion here.

1x Sweeteyes (P1)

Ongoing: Sweeteyes gains +1 power for every other of your minions here.
Talent: Draw 1 card.

Did you notice, every minion in this deck has printed power ONE. Can this work? I don't know. Hope to find it out in a first play soon. Maybe you can give some early suggestions/concerns/improvements.

Actions

1x Eggs

Play on a base.
Ongoing: Draw 1 card for every minion you play here. If you play a minion here, you may play it as a parasite on an opponent’s minion to infest it.

1x Parasites!

Choose a base. Put a “+1 power” counter on every minion there with 2 or less power and a “-1 power” counter on every minion with 5 or more power there.

1x Adhere

Play an extra minion as a parasite on an opponent's minion to infest it. Then put a “-1 power” counter on every infested minion to put two “+1 power” counters on their parasites .

2x Tasty Bite

Put a “-1 power” counter on every infested minion to put two “+1 power” counters on their parasites .

PS: I already have found great artwork by Jonathan Wojcik aka scythemantis. Or have you ever seen a tick as cute as this?

first attempt:
Minions

5x Sucker (P0)

Ongoing: At the end of your turn (before bases score) put 1 Soulstone on the infested minion to put 1 Powerstone on the parasite. Otherwise destroy the parasite. If the Sucker is destroyed, distribute its power stones equally to other minions here.

2x Brian (P0)

Ongoing: As long as the power of the infested minion is smaller than the number of your minions here (except the infested one) you control the infested minion.

2x Bug Boat (P0)

Play an extra minion.
Then choose an own minion here (exept any Bug Boat) you take back into your hand and immediate replay as an extra minion on the same base.

2x Spreaderick (P0)

Extra: If Spreaderick is discarded, play 3 extra minions of power 0 OR
reshuffle minions (except Spreaderick) of a total power of 2 from your discard pile into your deck.

1x Mag (P0)

Play an extra minion and resolve its ability.
Than the following effect is Ongoing: Every opposing minion here has +2 power.

1x Gertroot (P0)

Play an extra minion of power 0.
Ongoing: Every minion here has +1 power.

1x Collector (P0)

Draw a card.
Ongoing: Until the end of your turn, you draw a card for every minion you play here. Play an extra minion.

Did you notice, every minion in this deck has printed power ZERO. Can this work? I don't know. Hope to find it out in a first play soon. Maybe you can give some early suggestions/concerns/improvements.

Actions

1x Eggs

Play on a base.
Ongoing: Draw 1 card for every minion you play here.

1x Parasites!

Choose a base. Put a Powerstone on every minion with power 2 or less and a Soulstone on every minion with power 5 or more there.

1x Adhere

Play an extra minion as a parasite on an opposing minion to infest it. Then put a Soulstone on every infested minion, to put 2 Powerstones on the corresponding parasites.

2x Tasty Bite
Put a Soulstone on every infested minion, to put 2 Powerstones on the corresponding parasites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is quite unique.
Lemme give it a text clear up.

CrawlingLaos wrote:
Minions

5x Sucker (P0) Infest an opponent's minion. Ongoing: During your turn, at the end of phase 2, put -1 power counter on the infested minion to put +1 power counter on this minion. If you can't do so, destroy this minion. If this minion is destroyed, distribute its power counter on your other minions here.

2x Brian (P0) Infest an opponent's minion. Ongoing: Take control of the infested minion if you have more minions here than that minion's controller.

2x Bug Boat (P0) - Play an extra minion. Then choose another of your minions here, return it to your hand and play it as an extra minion on this base.

2x Spreaderick (P0) - Special: If this card is put into your discard pile either play up to 3 extra minions of power 0 OR
return any number of non-Spreaderick minions from your discard pile to your deck, whose total power is 2 or less.

1x Mag (P0) - Play an extra minion. Ongoing: Opponent's minions here have +2 power.

1x Gertroot (P0) - Play an extra minion of power 0. Ongoing: Every minion here has +1 power.

1x Collector (P0) - Until the end of this turn, draw a card for each minion you play here (including this one). Play an extra minion.

I don't see much point in either Mag or Gertroot.
You probably will have a better gameplay if you stick with just Sucker, Brian and Collector.

CrawlingLaos wrote:
Actions
1x Eggs - Play on a base. Ongoing: Draw 1 card each time you play a minion here.

1x Parasites! - Choose a base. Put a +1 power counter on every minion there with 2 or less power and a -1 power counter on every minion with 5 or more power there.

1x Adhere - Play an extra minion as a parasite on an opponent's minion. Then put a -1 power counter on every infested minion there to put two +1 power counters on their parasites.

2x Tasty Bite - Put a -1 power counter on every infested minion to put two +1 power counters on their parasites.

---------
The deck probably won't work. (and you are 1 card short)
That being said, it's possible to improve it.

Well the gimmick is steal minion's power until they are dry.
Here's some feedback/ideas:
1 - Most cards are only useful for it's own faction (0p minion cards are rare) - i.e. it won't help it's partner factions, thereof not blend well
2 - Play extra minions on minions without parasites on bases with infested minions would fit quite well.
3 - A few of those minions could have 1-2 base power.
4 - The infested mechanic is troublesome to keep track of each player power on a base (well you can use dice around the base like i do)
5 - Sucker probably could work as an action.
6 - You could have a minion that either sucks 2 power per turn (but gain nothing) or move to another minion.
7 - Play an extra minion for each opponent's minion with 0 power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
Würzburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello desocupado

first of all Thanks for your review. Especially the text clear up is very helpful Let me comment on a few points:

desocupado wrote:
I don't see much point in either Mag or Gertroot.
You probably will have a better gameplay if you stick with just Sucker, Brian and Collector.

The idea behind the whole faction is swarming bases with lots of minions, which mainly gain their power from the opponent and their nearly endless numbers. So the concept of Gertroot is, that you have way more minions on a base than any other player and therefore mostly benefit from the "+1 power for each minion" boost. Mag on the other hand might be useful to break a base intentionally and grab some VPs (maybe not the first place). The extra minion play could be a Brian for example, so you might gain control over an opponent's minion befor the base breaks.

desocupado wrote:
you are 1 card short

ups, I forgot
Sweeteyes (P0)
Ongoing: Sweeteyes gains +1 power for every other of your minions here.
Talent: Play an extra minion of power 0 here.

desocupado wrote:
The deck probably won't work. That being said, it's possible to improve it.
1 - Most cards are only useful for it's own faction (0p minion cards are rare) - i.e. it won't help it's partner factions, thereof not blend well

I'm aware of this problem. But on the one hand, there are several cards which are useful for the partner faction, too:
-2x Bug Boat: Extra minion play + resolve a minions ability a second time (would be great for Alien's Invader).
-2x Spreaderick: Get back a minion of power 2 into your deck (probably not that good, so I'll change it to power 3 so you could get your Alien Invader back )
-1x Adhere: Play an extra minion as parasite
-2x card drawing (Collector, Eggs)
On the other hand, I hope that the advantage of the parasites is, that they don't stand in their partners faction way. Since you can mostly play out the 0-power minions as extra plays, you make room for your other faction. And what would match better with pirates than pirates themselves? Though I admit that I might need a few more card-drawing effects to accelerate deck cycling...

desocupado wrote:
4 - The infested mechanic is troublesome to keep track of each player power on a base (well you can use dice around the base like i do)

True. I tend to make things more complicated when I customize -.- But for me personal, this would be no problem ^^

desocupado wrote:
5 - Sucker probably could work as an action.

It would, but I wanted a deck with MANY minions you could play out. Also, sucker belongs to the actions Tasty Bite and Adhere which give parasites a boost.

All in all this faction will need some redesign, I see

PS. I couldn't wait and uploaded a ready-to-print preview, if you are interested in playtest the faction cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
Würzburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the first test run, the parasites seemed too weak, so I increased their power from 0 to 1. In the second and third run they than happened to be slightly overpowerd due to their almost endless extra-play-chains. So I removed some extra-play effects (maybe not enough, since they still have 10 of 20 cards with that ability. But hey, they are weak, so somehow they have to compensate that, right? )

I will continue adjusting them after further test plays.

If you like to check them out, you can find them in the file section.

Constructive feedback (like that from desocupado) is very welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.