GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,325 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Enemy Action: Ardennes» Forums » Rules

Subject: GS: Major Offensive action card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I've drawn the above (card #05) and selected a lead unit. I'm now pondering several points relating to other proximate units which the card instructs to join the attack.

Firstly, there are more proximate units than able to fit into hexes adjacent to my target unit. Whilst I can't see any explicit rules I assume i move them in ascending selector number?

Secondly, there are two units with the same selector number. I'm sure I've read somewhere in the rules that in the event of a selector number tie the lowest corps number takes precedent. However I can't find this statement now. Am I correctly recalling this?

Thirdly, where a unit can move into one of several adjacent hexes how should I choose? I'm assuming that I should move to the hex which requires the fewest movement points to reach. If so, what about if the hex which requires fewest MPs is less advantageous from the attacker's perspective, such as across a river from the enemy? Should I apply common sense on behalf of the attacker and move to the more advantageous hex even if that requires more MPs?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Stu123 wrote:
Hi. I've drawn the above (card #05) and selected a lead unit. I'm now pondering several points relating to other proximate units which the card instructs to join the attack.

Firstly, there are more proximate units than able to fit into hexes adjacent to my target unit. Whilst I can't see any explicit rules I assume i move them in ascending selector number?

That's explicitly mentioned in 10.63.

Quote:
Secondly, there are two units with the same selector number. I'm sure I've read somewhere in the rules that in the event of a selector number tie the lowest corps number takes precedent. However I can't find this statement now. Am I correctly recalling this?

That rings a bell for me, but I don't honestly remember for sure.

Quote:
Thirdly, where a unit can move into one of several adjacent hexes how should I choose?

That's also covered in 10.63.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
AS rules has the following on page 7:

In the event that you must select from units with the same
selector number (possible if units are in different corps),
select the unit in the lower numbered corps. Note that a
unit’s selector number changes as it loses steps.

This should also apply to GS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Russ, Tom - sincere thanks for your prompt responses. Regards, Stuart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
This should also apply to GS.

Thanks for that! I just added it to Enemy Action: Ardennes German Solo FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.