Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Got this one set up to play a first game, solo. Now I need to learn the rules real quick I'm actually quite intrigued by this one as it looks fun.

I won on the very last turn of the game and scored 42 points. According to the chart, 40+ is Champion of Zeta City, the highest rank!

My thoughts on the game is that it is very basic, but a pretty decent mobile puzzle as you are trying to move around to catch the villain but also trying kill enough enemies to unlock your special move with the headlines. I killed 3 Underlings and 2 Henchman and was able to chip away at all 40 HP that the Villian had (30 for solo + 10 for "Baron Von" Villian B card). Along the way you only have 6-7 cards in your hand so you are esentially using the same combo's over and over. I can see that getting old fairly fast. But the variety of the Boss and hero makeup as well as the 4 scenarios may afford this some legs. I can see how in multiplayer this could get really interesting too with everyone trying to score points, maybe even attacking each other. I'm not blown away but it played fast and was enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This time around, my second playthrough, I went with a fully random set-up of headlines, Villain, and my Hero. I ended up with "Danger Tarantula" as my Hero facing off against "Intergalactic Tsunami" as the Villain. I won on the last turn again with a whopping score of 54 points! I killed 5 henchman and 10 underlings this time, my Hero was dishing out some sick damage plus I was able to complete all 5 headlines. This is a very, very fun and unique game. This one had me thinking a lot more because of the Villain's power. It was a lot different game even though it was the same scenario. I highly recommend this game for some quick, yet still thinky solo fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel Primus
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danger works great with a Vigilante, as it adds damage to one of the Bonus Card abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This time around I was the "Barefoot Meteor" and I switched the board to the "Bedlam at Zeta City Asylum!" scenario. I didn't really like this one as much but I ended up scoring a mediocre 56 points earning a Crime Fighter rank. I ended up KO'ing the Viscious Clown, Mecha Skull, and Rubber Taco Villains. My hero had 5 injuries and so was able to kill 2 henchman on a single turn with his Epic card Blast. It just so happened that on all 3 Villains, the 1 token was on the bottom every single time so the game dragged on a lot longer than it should have. It was still fun just not a much as the first scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you keep adding as you play more. I just got this in a math trade and can't wait for some solo plays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.