Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bucholtz
United States
Petaluma
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Loving this game so far. One question about the "Restock" action; the first mention of it in the rules has it as "Draw up to 5 cards and move Truck Token and equal number of spaces clockwise along the road." Does this mean you can draw "up to five cards" regardless of how many you're already holding as long as you move one space for each (so if you already had two, you could draw five for a total of seven), or that you can only "draw up to five cards" (a total of five cards in your hand, so if you already had two, you can only draw three)? My initial thought was that it was the former (take up to five cards at a time, no hand limit), but I wanted to check and see if that's correct. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Mills
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
AndrewBucholtz wrote:
Does this mean you can draw "up to five cards" regardless of how many you're already holding as long as you move one space for each (so if you already had two, you could draw five for a total of seven)

Correct, there is no hand limit. I'll add this to the things we need to clarify in the rules. Thanks for the question and glad you are enjoying the game so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bucholtz
United States
Petaluma
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome, thank you, Josh! Appreciate the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing it as "Draw your hand up to five cards." The deck is too small to have an unlimited hand size, and in the video, they didn't have a huge amount of cards in their hands.

Either way, it needs to be reworded, because if it's the way I wrote it, it can sound like players must have five cards in their hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh, you posted while I was writing, so I didn't see your response before I posted.

This question actually came up during a game yesterday with one of my children who had not played it yet. We corrected her according to how we were interpreting the rule. I'll be sure to tell everybody what it really means.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.