Subject: Odd map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've got to say that I was planning on buying this game as a fan of the Austro-Serbian campaign, but I was put off by the map. For some reason, it only shows roads through rough terrain and not elsewhere, unlike the other maps in the series. I know that under the rules the roads are implied or provide no bonus where not shown but I don't like the look of it. I would prefer a complete road net as in Twilight in the East, even if just aesthetics.

Just wanted to post my thought on this, for feedback purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the map. I think it does a good job of representing the utter bareness of the Balkans in 1914 and just what the Austrians faced when trying to invade Serbia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just wanted to say that I did buy this game and it's a very attractive package. I also had my recollection jogged that Offensive a Outrance doesn't have roads either, not even in rugged areas. I've come to the series from the earlier Cossacks are Coming games and had felt that roads were important features there and it was hard for me to imagine their lack in any subsequent games. (Realizing that some changes have been made in the series since then.)

However, I can live with it even if not my preference. At 8.8km/hex it's still a scale that can support road nets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.