Subject: Death Star Plans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Sunderland
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Question about using this card.

Does it mean I have to actually win the battle before the I can attack the death star? Or is it saying as long as I have a fighter after the end of one round of combat I can attempt to destroy the death star?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each round of combat follows the following steps:

I: Space Combat (one round)
II: Ground Combat (one round)
III: Retreat Step
IV: Next Round

Death Star Plans can be played between steps I and II of each round of the combat if the conditions are met (there is a Rebel Fighter and a Death Star present) and you haven't played any other Objective cards in that Combat.

So yes, it can usually be played once per round between the Space and Ground battles of those rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sunderland
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks
Was thinking fight have to destroy the Imperial fleet before taking a crack at the death star

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
killertwinsfan wrote:
Thanks
Was thinking fight have to destroy the Imperial fleet before taking a crack at the death star

Well, just consider in the movies, they made their attack runs on the Death Star before the Imperial fleet was destroyed. (More prevalent in Return of the Jedi, where there's still a rather LARGE fleet engaged in battle when the shields go down and the Falcon and fighters make their run to the core.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Each round of combat follows the following steps:

I: Space Combat (one round)
II: Ground Combat (one round)
III: Retreat Step
IV: Next Round

Death Star Plans can be played between steps I and II of each round of the combat if the conditions are met (there is a Rebel Fighter and a Death Star present) and you haven't played any other Objective cards in that Combat.

So yes, it can usually be played once per round between the Space and Ground battles of those rounds.

Note also that it is merely "revealed" at this point unless you actually succeed, in which case you "play" it. This is important when you consider the limitation on playing only one Objective per combat - an unsuccessful strike on the Death Star does not count as playing the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Neilson

Virginia
msg tools
mbmb
This may have been addressed elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it...

If I have 2 "Death Star Plans" objective cards in my hand, do I get 2 chances to roll after each space combat round when I have a fighter left?

I.e. I reveal one, fail the roll, then reveal the 2nd one and attempt another roll. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
msg tools
alert('XSS!')
badge
MaelstromUK
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also be interested to know the ruling. The fact that there are two in the deck makes me think you can use both of them?

Edit:
Nope there's two because there's two death stars! And on p6 of the rules reference: The Rebel player can use only one “Death Star Plans” card each combat round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.