Star Trek Panic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Distress Signal mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ran through the introductory two-mission game solo, and I like what I see so far.

The first mission you tackle, Distress Signal, has you maneuvering the disabled ship into short range, and committing a few credits to the mission. The wording on the mission card was a little strange, though; it says you have to get the disabled ship into short range, 'PLUS' commit whatever credits it requires. Does this imply that you have to get the disabled ship in position before you can commit credits, or can you commit at any time for a mission unless it explicitly says otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can commit cards at any time. As long as you commit the cards you need to accomplish the missions and you have the disabled ship in short sector , you win the mission.

It all sound easy until you have to deal with the multitude of ships/threats that come your way and then you'll need those same cards to deal with.

That's what makes the game so cool. The balance of using cards against the threats and committing toward the missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know, thanks. I erred on the side of caution, and didn't commit any until the ship was in range, and fortunately Kirk's ability got me the second card I needed to fulfill the mission on the last possible turn. Very cool game so far; I like how you can vary the difficulty over a wide range by just changing the mission goal. There's also lots of room here for building custom missions or scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.