United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
When the "Adavance" ability triggers on a monster, the monster in question is supposed to engage with the hero that activated it. However, what happens when something else activates monsters, such as the "crumbling bridge" location? Does the monster simply not advance?

Thanks in advance
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reference rulebook says: Certain game elements can cause enemies to activate outside of the enemy phase. is activation resolves in the same fashion as activation during the enemy phase.

And the rules of activation are: Starting with the party leader and proceeding in clockwise order, each hero activates one enemy per turn and the party continues activating enemies until every readied enemy in each zone has activated.

So, if only one monster is activated, then it will advance to the first player. If two activate, the second player will get the second one, and so on. This affects not only advance but inflict, retreat and any other keyword, of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

This is why I have always hated the fantasy flight rulebook format

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
Thanks.

This is why I have always hated the fantasy flight rulebook format

Really? Think of it as a dictionary. What was your doubt about? really advance? or activation?

To answer your question I just had to go into the rules reference and search for "activate". It took me less than a minute to find the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.