Thumb up
1 Posts

Champions of Midgard» Forums » Reviews

Subject: First try at Champions of Midgard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathieu Gybels
flag msg tools
Last week, me and my gaming group had our first go at CHampions of MIdgard. Here is my experience and opinion on it:

The components are high quality. As you would come to expect from any decent board game. The art work was gorgeous and above average.

It would've been cool if the meeples would have been vikingshaped but then again, that would not change the play-experience which is what actually matters.

The game is a workerplacement game. There is no doubt about it. Don't let the dice-chucking during combat fool you, in essence this is a workerplacement and it is that aspect of the game that will either let you win or lose.

As far as I can see there are plenty of different ways to win. Destiny cards give you nice bonusses, combat gives you a lot of glory as well.

In the beginning there were a lot of groans and moans when one of the other players got their tactic blocked of but after a while people will start to play a certain way that interferes less with each other. There are not that many action spaces on the board but the fact that in a 4 player game you will have 4 different random locations adds a lot to replayability.

The game itself is engaging and very fast in my opinion. Especially because of the limitted turns it sometimes feels dissapointing when the games ends already but the upside to this is that you'll have plenty of time for a second game or something else.

To me, this game is a solid 8/10. It will get played quite often I believe. THe game mechanics are good and viking-flavour is one of my favourites.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.