8 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick Question on Re-Rolling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
msg tools
mb
If a card minimizes your total combat dice, can I roll more dice on my leader re-roll?

Example:
Combat Strength 5 (5 Dice)
Leader Stregnth 3 (3 Leader Re Rolls)

Opponents combat card says: You can only roll 3 dice on the combat roll.

--> 1 hit / 2 miss / 2 I wasn't allowed to roll.

Leader Re-Roll:
A)
now I only can roll the 2 missed ones which where used in combat.

OR

B)
i can re roll the two missed dice. AND one of the unused which I wasn't allowed to roll in the combat?

I would say, I only can roll the two missed ones.
Is there some official answer?

THX!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not gain additional dice on the re-roll. Per page 30 of the rulebook, you can only reroll failed attempts from the Combat Roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlike GW games for example, there doesn't appear to be anything preventing you from re-rolling a re-roll.

So if you have one regular orc unit accompanied by 5 Nazgul, you get one combat die, and can reroll it up to 5 times before you get a hit. However, you would never achieve more than 1 hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Patriarchxyz wrote:
Unlike GW games for example, there doesn't appear to be anything preventing you from re-rolling a re-roll.

So if you have one regular orc unit accompanied by 5 Nazgul, you get one combat die, and can reroll it up to 5 times before you get a hit. However, you would never achieve more than 1 hit.

Is this true? I have never played it like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Patriarchxyz wrote:

Nope. You may only re-roll a missed Combat die once through the Leadership re-rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the leadership re-roll is only once, so no re-roll of a re-roll if you have spare leadership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
msg tools
mb
Thanks a lot!

So "A" is the right way. Just wanted to check my interpretation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.