Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is gonna get bad before it gets better I'm afraid:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/high-stakes-legal-ruling-looms-so...

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Especially since the Commie rats told the tribunal to go eff themselves. The PLA has also been holding air and sea maneuvers in the area. Despite their rhetoric, I think the Chinese are getting ready for one of their millennial expansionist phases. Yeah, it's going to get ugly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of an exchange in The Lion in Winter

Henry II: The Vexin's mine.
Philip II: By what authority?
Henry II: It's got my troops all over it; that makes it mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Annexation of Crimea part II. And the precedent is in their favor. This time around probably no shots fired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Annexation of Crimea part II. And the precedent is in their favor. This time around probably not shots fired.

Not QUITE the same since Crimea was taken from one state which CLEARLY had title to it. The rocks and islets in the SCS do not (despite Beijing's assertions) clearly belong to anybody.

It was an interesting ruling. Stronger against China than expected and at the least an embarrassment for Beijing (and a win for Manila and others who contest China's utterly absurd claims). What the practical implications are is a different question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The practical implications are that China probably starts paying the Philippines for the right to construct the naval bases they want in Philippines territory and very little else changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.