Assault on Hoth: The Empire Strikes Back» Forums » General

Subject: Can I still play this with some pieces missing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I really want this game, though I don't know how to play it. But i saw some photos and, being a huge Star Wars fan, would love to have it.

In certain online bidding web that rhymes with "delay" someone put one copy on sale, but with some parts missing. And I quote:

Quote:
The pieces that I have are 57 of the pieces on the stands, 66 stands and 39 of the small squares. I think it is missing 2 of the pieces that go on the stands and 1 of the small square pieces. All dice and cards are here

I'm planning on customize this game with Micro Machines and SW Rebellion figures, like I've seen here (there's plenty!!!) So I guess I don't have to worry about the missing pieces. Will it be my only concern?

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as all he cards are there and the map is readable, then go for it. There is noting on the pieces that make them indispensable as all the game data is in the rules and on the map and the cards control the game.

For a real large experience, use the Star War Miniatures game pieces on a custom map! I have played it out on a table with the Star Wars Miniatures Battles rules - Great fun but it took longer than the movie so it might not be for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards and map are all you really need. After that is the dice. The units can be replaced or even photocopied if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, the dice are the only crucial part. You can purchase or make all the rest of it one way or another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going with it then.

And afterwards, spent a lot of $$$ on ebay for the miniatures.

Does the minis of Imperial Assault work?

And please don't tell my wife.

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Audrey Ewing
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nogardo wrote:

Does the minis of Imperial Assault work?

The miniatures for Imperial Assault are too big, roughly 28-30mm. Unless you are using a huge map/table. For Assault on Hoth you want something around 6mm-10mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'm planing on use the board that comes with the box. So what about the Rebellion minis?

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw another thread with the same question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.