Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group and I played Asylum this past weekend and we did kind of poorly as far as TU score. Is it thematically bad to go back and do it again, a fourth run using third run rules, to do better?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We'd like to earn some better bonuses for future expansion runs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a time traveling game, so I say why not!

That being said, Bob, your boss, may not appreciate the additional use of corporate resources. Time travel isn't free you know.

If you think you can withstand the wrath of Bob, I say go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, I think there's no way Bob would fire up the systems to send you back to redo a mission which he's already signed off as a success, besides, once the fault is fixed, I'd think it would no longer register on the Agency's monitors.

But it's up to your team if you want to min/max your way through the scenarios, no one is going to stop you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! Since our team is still quite green, I think Bob would be ok with another crack at it to improve our skills, so long as complete the mission successfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TurquoiseKnight wrote:
Thanks all! Since our team is still quite green, I think Bob would be ok with another crack at it to improve our skills, so long as complete the mission successfully.

At this point, what difference would it make? You know the answers/path, so just give yourself the best score if you want to do it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
TurquoiseKnight wrote:

At this point, what difference would it make? You know the answers/path, so just give yourself the best score if you want to do it that way.

Where's the fun in that?!
I play with my wife and daughters, who also play D&D with me. We're a roleplaying kind of bunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.