Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this table at a garage sale for $3. I will be turning it into a gaming table with removable top. I took the top off before thinking about taking pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Durston
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$3? Awesome price. Good luck with the build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, $3! Worth it just for a legs if I needed to rebuild most of it. One of the corner braces was cracked so I replaced that. The top of the frame has a concave groove all along the edge. I am thinking about replacing the frame. The top is really dirty on one end. It needs to be planed and sanded and re-stained. That will be the toughest part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some time on the project. It isn't finished as we hit a problem. I went to round the corners off with a 1/8" round Dremel bit. It didn't cut well. We went to every hardware store in the area. None carried that bit. I will have to order it online. So all we have left is to round the corners, strip the top, and stain.

We found out it was way out square. So we did our best putting braces in to square it up.

Glued felt on the side walls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The felt is used pool table felt. For cushioning I used quilt batting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding drink holders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What type of wood will you be using for the additional pieces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally everything together until I can finish it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSpiceOfLife wrote:
What type of wood will you be using for the additional pieces?

Oak. It isn't stained yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone asked me how much money I have put into it. Not much. The table was $3 from a garage sale. The used pool table felt was free. The wood used for bracing and 1/8" plastic floor was free, my dad had it laying around as scrap. I think all I have paid for is the oak wood for the top, matching wood filler stick, some new Dremel bits, stain, and the quilt batting. Probably around $60-$80 so far. I think that should be it.

I did wash the pool table felt. I made sure when I picked it out it wasn't from a bar, or at least no beer stains. There are chalk stains but I put the unused side up which looks brand new. The nice thing about it being used pool table felt is it is already matted down, no fuzzy bits sticking up. However, this type of felt does fray on the edges. This is why all of the edges of the felt are hidden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally getting some paint on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.