Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this, and trying to feel my way through the rules ...

The rules state .... "You may draw and place additional Map cards at the cost of 1 Movement Point each"

One interpretation is that I draw a Map Card, look at it, and place it somewhere in the dungeon (hence could be many spaces from my hero).

However, should I not be exploring by attempting to physically move through a door? ... so that a move into an unexplored area triggers a draw from the Map deck, and placement, in that single new space, of the drawn card. If the card cannot be placed there, then another card should be drawn and so on (recycling the discards when the deck has been gone through)???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silverdragon
United States
Unspecified
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We generally play the advanced option where the dungeon is built completely first thing. This takes away the imbalance that somebody else's room may be available first while another player struggles to get their room built into the dungeon.

If you are in a hurry and need to get your room up to complete a quest, I think it is wise to use your move points to get the dungeon built and pull the rooms you need up. After they are placed, it usually doesn't take too much to get to them even if they are several spaces away.

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
However, should I not be exploring by attempting to physically move through a door? ... so that a move into an unexplored area triggers a draw from the Map deck, and placement, in that single new space, of the drawn card.

No.

Spend a movement point without moving you character to add another legally placed map space. This represents the ferretting around your character is doing looking for the exit from his current location and the careful creeping he's using approaching that exit and peering into the next space without actually going in there.

It also means that you can't go blindly blithering off map. There is no place to go until you prove, by spending the move point to build the terrain some more, that there is a place to go.

Alternately, you're just reading too much into the rules and should go off and play dungeons and dragons instead. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not clear to me. When I explore can I place new map card anywhere or just next to my hero space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
This is not clear to me. When I explore can I place new map card anywhere or just next to my hero space?

You place it anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.