Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the best two player factions to use? I haven't seen a suggestion for 2 or 3 player games, but could have overlooked it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dornian
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just random it. Then play again with new ones, then again with a new mash-up, then again, and again until you hit all the combos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jolderon wrote:
Just random it. Then play again with new ones, then again with a new mash-up, then again, and again until you hit all the combos

This. It's what my son and I have been doing. Each play is a different challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Personally, I suggest avoiding Rusviet until each of you has played at least twice, because it has very easy-to-discover powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO Saxson is the worst with two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
IMO Saxson is the worst with two players.

Saxony is certainly playable with two people, but their faction power is very limited compared to even having one more person in a game.

To answer the OPs question, just try everything. There are enough combinations and things to try that will make every 2-P game interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I think I've played about every faction at least once (maybe twice) at 2p. All have their strengths and weaknesses, and all play fine at that player count. Yeah, Saxony likes a more target-rich environment for their ability, but they still play just fine at 2p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.