6 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Devoured Investigator -> Resurrected? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Pham
Canada
flag msg tools
Just perusing the rules and noticed this little anomaly, which I found interesting and a little counter-intuitive.

Arkham Horror, Core Rulebook, pg. 17 - DEVOURED INVESTIGATORS
In rare cases, investigators may be devoured. The player immediately discards all of his cards (except unspent trophies) and shuffles his investigator sheet in with the unused investigator sheets. The player then draws a new investigator at random and sets up the investigator as if he were starting a new game (as described in "Game Setup," page 5).

So if an investigator is devoured, his sheet is shuffled in with the unused sheets, and a new investigator is drawn randomly - which means there's a slim chance that you could draw the investigator which had just been devoured, no? Seems counter-intuitive but intentional. They could have definitely just said, return sheet to box, draw random new investigator.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They other players only thought they saw you die. Madness will do that to you ya know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the player pick another investigator BEFORE I place the devoured investigator in the pile. Always made sense to do it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rule only exists to make eight player games with the base set work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pham
Canada
flag msg tools
I like David's response. Rules played straight, plus a little cinematic flair on the slim slim chance it happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Crowder
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always remove any dead investigator from the deck before shuffling. Granted I also have all of the expansions, so I also usually let people draw 3 and pick one rather than doing it entirely random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.