Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign with core game and twin shadows rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Elkins
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I recently picked up Imperial assault and twin shadows expansion and am about to start my first campaign. I was wondering if I should play the core game first and then the mini campaign of twin shadows or should I incorporate both of them together? Which would give me the better game experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played two campaigns, one just core set and the other core set+twin shadows. As Imperial player I enjoyed the latter, but that might have been because the rebels in the first campaign were terrible. If you do decide to do that, I recommend using all the core set agenda sets/class cards because those are very easy to work with. However, the twin shadows side missions can be very fun. Adding the items brings a bit more variety to the shop. Both would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
It depends on your group.

The guys I play with have been gaming with me about weekly for over two years now. We do not enjoy the mini campaign (too short to get invested in your character). If your situation is similar I would incorporate the stuff and only play full length campaigns.

If you are going to struggle to get together often and worry about being able to keep the group together the mini campaign is a good way to enjoy the game at a lower commitment level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incorporate them.

Give the Rebel Heroes the choice if they want to use the Twin Shadows heroes (heroes are not campaign specific and can be used in past and future releases). I would also allow the Imperial player the choice of adding the Heavy Stormtroopers as one of their Open Groups, which will save you from having to rely on less thematic creatures for space ship battles like Nexu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.