GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,572 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: VPG sale - Canberra order, #5... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we go again (maybe)!

VPG (http://www.victorypointgames.com/) are having a sale for a week, with an extra 10% off. This stacks with the "volume" discounts which are 10% at $100, 15% at $150 and 20% at $200.

One thing to note: VPG are closing up their print-on-demand model, moving out of California, outsourcing shipping/fulfilment, and printing in China (see http://www.victorypointgames.com/news/announcements/californ...). The guideline given in that missive is that "from spring" (so guess March-ish next year?), they won't do POD any more, and stuff will start to disappear from the catalogue. I'd expect another sale later this year (or pre-end-of-POD), but clearly no guarantees.

So: have a look, have a think, and let me know before 8pm Monday night (18th July) if you'd like to order anything! Make sure that you let me know if you want boxed or polybag editions, where there's a choice.

Postage is usually variable on VPG orders, but I'll keep a running shopping cart and let people know how it's going. Shipping costs to be divided pro-rata by order-cost. To give an idea, I've put a boxed game, two polybags, and an expansion in my cart (total USD100, pre-discounts), and the postage sits at USD54.25.

This group deal is for Canberra handover: more distant cousins can be accommodated via muling, waiting for CANCON, or forwarding at cost.

Side Note: if anyone wants a copy of Circus Train (Second edition), I've got a punched-but-unplayed copy in the Marketplace to dispose of, and I'm open to offers... whistle

ORDERS (RRPs listed in USD, pre-discounts)

dlow: The Chosin Few (b) 29.99, Empires in America (b) 32.99, Wings for the Baron (b) 49.99, Hero of Weehawken (p) 32.99, Gem Rush Skill Cards (p) 6.99, Zulus on the Ramparts (p) 32.99. TOTAL: AUD245.05 has been COMMITTED, games have been HIDDEN

muzfish4: Hapsburg Eclipse (p) 24.99. TOTAL: AUD32.93 has been PAID and DELIVERED

squire: Mound Builders (p) 29.99, DN: From Distant Lands (p) 14.99. TOTAL: AUD39.52 has been PAID and DELIVERED

the bilge rat: Zulus on the Ramparts (b) 39.99, Cruel Necessity (b) 42.99, Empires in America (b) 32.99, Hapsburg Eclipse (b) 32.99, Ottoman Sunset (b) 32.99, Soviet Dawn (p) 29.99, Soviet Dawn Expansion 8.99, Disaster on Everest (p) 29.99 Disaster on K2 (p) 25.99. TOTAL: AUD364.94 has been PAID and COLLECTED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested in Hapsburg Eclipse, dependent on shipping.

Thanks for organising, David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
Interested in Hapsburg Eclipse, dependent on shipping.

Polybag (USD24.9922.49) or boxed (USD[-]32.99[-]29.69, post 10% sale discount, but pre- any volume discount)? Main difference in contents is a mounted (jigsaw cut) map in the boxes version. Might make a difference to the shipping in the washup, but currently doesn't.

Added to my draft set above, postage USD68.20 as we've hit the bottom of the top rung (Priority Mail International). Good news is, adding more from this point only causes relatively small movements in shipping whistle

For those playing at home, if you estimate that shipping will add about 1/3 to your game-price, you'll probably not be far wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
...VPG are closing up their print-on-demand model, moving out of California, outsourcing shipping/fulfilment, and printing in China (see http://www.victorypointgames.com/news/announcements/californ...). The guideline given in that missive is that "from spring" (so guess March-ish next year?), they won't do POD any more, and stuff will start to disappear from the catalogue. ...

This makes me sad...both the loss in an all-in-house publisher having to move and go more mainstream to stay alive and the loss of many games. I understand the circumstances and what they have to do to stay alive as a business, but it's a real loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard :
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been interested in a couple of their games for a while, so will be joining your group purchase. Over the weekend I will do some more research and will no doubt find some other titles I would like. I will let you know before the deadline.

Thanks for organising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:

Polybag (USD24.9922.49) or boxed (USD[-]32.99[-]29.69, post 10% sale discount, but pre- any volume discount)? Main difference in contents is a mounted (jigsaw cut) map in the boxes version. Might make a difference to the shipping in the washup, but currently doesn't.

Just checked this and polybag players also miss out on a "Wipes-a-Lot" napkin and two six sided dice. Ohm and the charcoal desiccant packet.

After no small amount of careful consideration, I have decided that I can live without these items, so put me down as a polybagger please.

Interested in Wings for the Baron (second edition) but at with only the boxed version available at USD$44.99 it's a tad too much for this little black duck, wipes, dice and desiccant notwithstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for organising this again David. I'd like a polybag of Mound Builders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might as well complete the Darkest Night collection too, with a poly From Distant Lands please David. Then I'll be ready for the 1st ed completion pack if/when it eventuates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
Interested in Wings for the Baron (second edition) but at with only the boxed version available at USD$44.99 it's a tad too much for this little black duck, wipes, dice and desiccant notwithstanding.

Damn you, Murray. Now I want it. It's the dessicant....

I'm thinking about upgrading my first edition Zulus on the Ramparts! to the second edition. This would be an easier decision if someone local was after my first edition, so that I could defray some of the upgrade cost whistle Anyone interested? Played, but excellent condition. Polybag; includes the Zulus on the Ramparts! Expansion Kit. Price negotiable - if we agree on something, I'll put it through the Marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard :
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to include the following in the order

1. Zulus on the Ramparts! 2nd Ed (b)
2. Cruel Necessity (b)
3. Empires in America (second edition) (b)
4. Hapsburg Eclipse (b)
5. Ottoman Sunset 2nd Ed (b)
6. Soviet Dawn (p)
7. Soviet Dawn Expansion Kit
8. Disaster on Everest (p)
9. Disaster on K2 (p)

Yes, I have done the math.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK with Richard's set, we're into a realm I need to ask a question about: GST on large orders. Does any one have any experience with that? If we have a Very Large Box with a declared value over USD500, are we likely to get hit on arrival?

I did an estimate on totals, and I get the following ballparks (converted to AUD, and ignoring any possible import fees):

David $257
Murray $35
Geoff $62
Richard $383

EDIT: real figures in the first post of this thread, with the real conversion rate!

This is based on dividing shipping (currently USD131.75) by proportion of total by $$, and assuming a conversion rate of $1=USD0.70. Includes the 10% sale discount, plus the 20% volume discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard :
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, the GST limit is still AU$1000, so we should be OK. The total is the value of the goods, so the postage wouldn't be included.

Last year I imported some Crokinole boards worth around $800 total and had no issues.

If anyone is concerned and wants me to order separately, I am prepared to do so. It will involve an increase in postage costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
muzfish4 wrote:
wipes, dice and desiccant notwithstanding.

Damn you, Murray. Now I want it. It's the dessicant...

To paraphrase Weird Al, it's all about the dessicant, baby.

No worries about keeping it all as one package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last call, last call....I'm going to try to place the order later tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squire wrote:
I might as well complete the Darkest Night collection too, with a poly From Distant Lands please David. Then I'll be ready for the 1st ed completion pack if/when it eventuates.

And, of course, after days in the cart, this one now comes up as "Out Of Stock" angry

I've sent a message asking for clarification (i.e. was it a limited-release set that they can't print any more of? Or is it just a website stock-counter that needs to be reset?). If, however, it's no longer available, are you (Geoff) happy to progress without it, and just get Mound Builders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
squire wrote:

And, of course, after days in the cart, this one now comes up as "Out Of Stock" angry

I've sent a message asking for clarification (i.e. was it a limited-release set that they can't print any more of? Or is it just a website stock-counter that needs to be reset?). If, however, it's no longer available, are you (Geoff) happy to progress without it, and just get Mound Builders?

UPDATE: VPG confirms that they aren't printing any more first-edition DN items. Once they sell out, they're gone for good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Order placed! For all bar the Darkest Night expansion. Games total USD372.82 after all discounts; postage USD126.90, for a total order USD499.72, which converted to AUD682.45 (at 0.73222...).

Updated contributions from everyone listed in the first post of this thread. Payment via the usual means (EFT, cash) on the usual timeframe (now if you've got funds burning a hole in your pocket; or on delivery is fine).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
dlow wrote:
squire wrote:

UPDATE: VPG confirms that they aren't printing any more first-edition DN items. Once they sell out, they're gone for good.

Bugger! I'd better get in quick at the BGG store then. I actually only need two of the four promos, but it was a few dollars cheaper to just get the 4-pack from VPG in the group buy.

Oh well, good to get Mound Builders anyway. Thanks for organising it David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that was fast: they're here. Well, all of yours are here: one of mine didn't make it cry I'm chasing them up to see what to do about it, but that doesn't stop me distributing these ones!

Geoff: can I drop yours off at your place tonight after work?

Richard: want to do a pickup at some mutually convenient stage?

Murray: still hiding stuff from the missusrather wait for a GLOG? whistle

Let me know, here or by GM!

Regards,

David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drop off tonight would be great, thanks David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and yes. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed out unfortunately...

Too early for a VPG #6 order? I can send VPG an email asking if they might consider another group discount? If so, it might generate some interest...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madkarateman wrote:

Too early for a VPG #6 order? I can send VPG an email asking if they might consider another group discount? If so, it might generate some interest...

I've sent an email through to them - awaiting reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard :
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news.

Yes I will be happy to come by sometime. I will contact you via GM when I am more certain about what days are suitable my end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madkarateman wrote:

If they follow their usual pattern, then I'd expect another sale in November. The sale itself is "only" another 10% off, and is really icing on the cake. It's the bulk/volume discount (up to 20% for USD200+) and the shared shipping that makes things worthwhile - and those apply all the time. So we save up our pennies, and make our wishlists, so that when the icing appears, we all get together and buy some cake

I, for one, have a couple more things on my wishlist; but I think that I've spent my budget until November...!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.