Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Commands & Colors» Forums » General

Subject: Commands & Colors scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pnp fanatic
msg tools
Re: Creating a "hot" card deck for a Commands & Colors scenario
Sir you could not be more timely. My copy of Memoir '44 just arrived today.

A bit blurry eyed at this point in the day but my first question would be what labels you are using? I have always stuck with name brand Post-It notes for tabbing and modifying because I have never had a case where they left residue, but white labels would be great (I have several decks I'm modding and this might just get me started on those projects).

Thanks again for sharing your 'method' with us...it has really got me back to the gaming table having fun again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
Re: Creating a "hot" card deck for a Commands & Colors scenario
pete belli wrote:
Quote:
...my first question would be what labels you are using?


Avery labels... mostly Avery 5408 round labels in the 3/4" size.


Wow, really? I've used Avery product for years and always trusted them NOT to come off of anything ...I can't recall, do you sleeve? That would make sense...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creating a "hot" card deck for a Commands & Colors scenario
Pete, I love your hot card idea!

For the benefit of us printing idiots, do you have any advice regarding how to align card images to the (individual round) labels when printing?

Thanks very much for any tips.

Ralph
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creating a "hot" card deck for a Commands & Colors scenario
Pete, I expressed my question poorly. Let me try again.

I am trying to imagine creating a graphic to print that will align correctly to the label circles when printed.

For example, perhaps you created an image file that has your 'hot' symbols placed in the correct locations (of the image file) so that they are printed onto the label circles and not, for example, half on one label and half on the neighbor circle.

Is my verbal hand-waving making sense?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creating a "hot" card deck for a Commands & Colors scenario
Thanks for the reply, Pete.

For what it's worth, I did more googling and found that Avery provides a free template for the 5408, although it is in InDesign file format (.indd), which apparently the InDesign app can convert to DOC format.

Even if I had the template in DOC format, I'm not sure that it would be foolproof to align the file/image correctly to the labels when printing.

Interesting challenge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creating a "hot" card deck for a Commands & Colors scenario
reviewboy wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Pete.

For what it's worth, I did more googling and found that Avery provides a free template for the 5408, although it is in InDesign file format (.indd), which apparently the InDesign app can convert to DOC format.

Even if I had the template in DOC format, I'm not sure that it would be foolproof to align the file/image correctly to the labels when printing.

Interesting challenge.

Or, you could do it the way Pete seems to do it - good old ink and pen. Those appear to me to be hand-drawn and hand-colored stickers. No printer needed other than yourself.

My 2 , anyways.

-M_R
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creating a "hot" card deck for a Commands & Colors scenario
midnight_reaper wrote:
reviewboy wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Pete.

For what it's worth, I did more googling and found that Avery provides a free template for the 5408, although it is in InDesign file format (.indd), which apparently the InDesign app can convert to DOC format.

Even if I had the template in DOC format, I'm not sure that it would be foolproof to align the file/image correctly to the labels when printing.

Interesting challenge.

Or, you could do it the way Pete seems to do it - good old ink and pen. Those appear to me to be hand-drawn and hand-colored stickers. No printer needed other than yourself.

My 2 :gg:, anyways.

-M_R
Well, how embarrassing. Obviously, I wasn't studying Pete's images carefully enough. Somehow, I incorrectly assumed that the images were printed. Duh!

I'll use a pen. Thanks for nudging back onto the playing field from the weed patch, ha, ha.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creating a "hot" card deck for a Commands & Colors scenario
reviewboy wrote:
I'll use a pen.


What is a Pen?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Creating a "hot" card deck for a Commands & Colors scenario
caroper wrote:
reviewboy wrote:
I'll use a pen.


What is a Pen?

I was referring to Midnight Reaper's "good old ink and pen".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.